Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Big Boy Haircut

This picture really shows how long Emmett's hair had gotten. Those sideburns were pretty sweet but after being mistaken for a little girl all weekend I broke down and cut his hair.
This picture is so funny. Adelle is really on the phone.

She's 2 going on 16 and her brothers do whatever she says whenever she says it. I think one girl is all I can handle right now. LOVE this girl!!

Here is my big boy with his new haircut. Something about the first haircut is exciting and sad all at the same time.
I cut his hair last night and now he's reading.......

contemplating.....


and as usual, always within reach of a ball!

Emmett's first haircut was a two day process and I'm not sure if I'm done yet or not. I couldn't shave it, he has way too nice of hair to do that. So I tried to wing it with the good ol' cutting sheers. Poor guy had a mullet for the first day until I could get him in the tub to wet the back and chop it off. We enjoyed that while it lasted :)
Either way I'm pretty sure the girl compliments will seize now.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh he looks so much older with his haircut. I think he looks so much like your Dad. He totally has his smile I think.
Anyway I couldn't agree with the girl comment. Grace and I hung around today and had a total girl day but she can wear me out:) Cute though nonetheless!

Kelsey said...

Love his haircut! I've been going back and forth on what to do with Miles' hair, but you've convinced me to at least do a little trimming. :)

Andrea said...

Jessica,
That's funny that you think he looks like my dad. He gets that a lot. I've never pinned down what it is but I think it is the smile.

Sarahbelle said...

What a change a little haircut makes, I love that you let him rock a mullet for a day! I trimmed E's hair the other night, just barely... after him getting called a girl many times. I am thinking of a SHORT cut for summer, but that means he would really be a big boy! Adelle has the look, I love it!!!

amber york said...

I completely agree. He looks just like your dad! The haircut looks great. Good job. Royce has already had 2 hair cuts. It's weird. I have never heard of babies having as much hair as he does. It's been an ADORABLE surprise! But your little man is such a baby face stud!