Sunday, February 13, 2011

feelin' the LOVE

It's been a lovey-dovey month around here!
Here is Adelle sharing her homemade Valentine's cookie with Chelsey (someone we really love)

Here are the kids thrilled with their Valentine's package from Gramy and Grampy in Arizona! It was beautifully wrapped in red tissue paper and filled with "choc-lick" as my kids pronounce it.
Yum! We each got our own special little box of chocolates.

Here are some of the beautifully decorated cookies the kids and I spent Saturday creating to share.

These two licked this beater clean and then asked for the bowl. (Notice the hair-net on Adelle:)

I went a little non-traditional this year and we did Valentine Cream-puffs. Super easy and really yummy. We filled them with a whip cream and lemon curd concoction. That hit the spot!
We did cookies too!

These two could have done this all day. They loved helping with every little part, which is what it's about.


Have you ever made cream puffs with a 5 year old and a 2 year old?
Super easy you just need a few freezer bags.
I used this recipe.

We had this special friend over for dinner with his momma and made heart shaped biscuits.

Braxton secretly went into his room one night last week and made sure that none of us came with him. It was a surprise! He came out with these most beautiful Valentine's.
All by himself he did this. No help with spelling, no help with hearts, no-one put the idea into his head....(I was really proud and a little shocked at his ability on this one)
Such a little sweetheart! I also love how Dad's is in blue "boy color" I guess?


This is where it all started. My friend brought these flowers to me on my birthday and I had the perfect spot for them. Right on my table to go with the Valentine's scene.
LOVE IT ALL!

7 comments:

April said...

Happy Valentines Day Ashmore Family!

Andrea, you are such a good mom and an even more beautiful person. I love getting to know you better from your blog, it makes me want to be a better.
April

Peter and Lesha said...

that is too cute Braxton is so dang sweet and wow I am impressed with spelling and how nice it looks. ok so you asked me if I needed anything yesterday (sick with flu) and I said no but I take it back, I think those cream puffs would do just the trick. hahahaha yum!

Jessica said...

Cute Cute Cute

Anonymous said...

Your decorations look awesome! Braxton is so sweet! I love Adelle's hair net. I laughed when I saw that. Love you guys! Happy Valentine's day!

Aunt Angela said...

I didn't realize the kids made the cream puffs.I thought it was you. They did a great job.

Nancy and Spencer said...

Wow, that is one impressive Valentine's celebration!
I have to ask... is Adelle wearing a hairnet to help cook?

Jeremy Saunders said...

love Braxton's chef hat, and he may have gotten the idea from you know where, we have been practicing making valentines all last week and learned how to spell those words--the impressive part was he was paying attention and retained it, I only showed them once.
---proud ms. mimi