Friday, December 11, 2009

PATIENCE is a PROCESS

I think I am maturing in my old age. So many little things happen lately that before I think I would have totally lost my cool but for some reason, even being 8 months pregnant, I manage to be patient.
For example in this picture...Braxton is upset because he can't find his apron. I let him borrow one of mine and he is still upset because it is a "girl" one.
I let him eat a bite of dough and everything was all of a sudden better. However this whole experience was a patience tester. The kids loved making sugar cookies and it was worth all the flour everywhere and re-rolling the dough a million times after Adelle used her cookie cutter to destroy all of our already cut-out cookies.
They are so fun. So easily entertained and so good at strengthening my patience! I think I am almost ready to add another little personality to this beautiful mix!

6 comments:

Bonnie and Tyler said...

You are such a good mommy. I would have had my OCD take over and been finding something else for her to do..lol... guess I still have a lot to learn!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

This is exactly the post I've been wanting to write - Having 2 kids has made me more patient instead of less, and it's so funny to look at situations that would have made me SO ANNOYED in the past that I'm now able to keep my calm about. You're just going to keep climbing the ladder if Mommy Awesomeness with this third one!

Kelsey said...

I read your post and laughed because I just discovered Macey and her bed covered in poop. When these sorts of things happen, I just have to laugh so I won't cry. Patience definitely is a process. :)

Jeremy Saunders said...

i wish I could tell you it gets better when they get older, I was a really patient mom, but I didn't realize what patience was until my son became a teenager, whew, patience really is a virtue!
and they are not as cute when they pout at 14.
mimi

Ms. Molly said...

I pray for patience often, I'm glad to hear that it is coming for you!

Peter and Lesha said...

so cute!