Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Perfect Weekend

How can you go wrong with a carton on chips on each hip and a brother to hand feed you?
This is Adelle, showing me to rock as she's about to put it in her mouth. She knows this is "no, no" but enjoys doing it anyway. Stinker!
The beautiful beach at Cornett Bay. If we were not on the boat, this is where you'd find us all day!
We had such a great 4th of July this year. The weather was hot and nice the whole weekend and we took advantage of it. This is us watching the fireworks from our roof. No, Adelle didn't get to come. She was long asleep. This is the first year Braxton has really gotten to see the fireworks at night and he loved them. It was really fun to take him on the roof with us. He thought he was pretty big stuff.


This is Deception Pass. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is a beautiful place and one of our favorites. We spent the weekend here crabbing and camping.
Braxton's favorite thing to do is go crabbing. He and I have it easy, we sit on the boat and look for the pots and then enjoy watching Jeff and my dad do the dirty work.
Here we are making smores. Aunt Angela brought this head light for Braxton. He wore it all night.
This is our family 4th of July shot. A lady driving by our house noticed us struggling to get a picture and stopped to help. I think my corny tendencies are rubbing off on my husband. I had bought these leis at the dollar store just for fun and he grabbed them for the picture. Our poor kids!
This is Adelle taking off her shoes for the millionth time. She would rather walk on rocks and sticks then leave anything on her feet. This girl is a real camper!
Here are the guys on the boat. Braxton went out on the boat every single time the boat left the dock. He is a little boat man!

6 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

that first picture of adelle is so perfect that is too funny.

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!

Suzanne said...

you guys are such great parents! you're always doing something adventurous and fun!

Anonymous said...

you guys are such a cute family!

Congrats on baby #3!! So, we aren't too far apart!! just by maybe a month or two..

I'm really happy for you you guys make such beautiful babies!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

What great adventures! The crabbing looks the best, but maybe that's because I've never gone :)

My older sister got married 20 days fter me, but my younger sister got married in June 2 years later. We're all pregnant, but it's mine and my older sister's 2nd pregnancy (we were also pregnant together the first time around...) and my younger sister's 1st... so it doesn't seem so coincidental to us, but from theoutside looking in I wuld say we are CUH-RAZY!

Black Family said...

So fun! Ya we had a great time with you guys too! We need to do it again.....
oh about the 70 degree weather....I was meaning the summers here are pretty mild....we are from the East side of the state and it get's super hot....like 90-100...every day....so this is wonderful! I hope it did not sound like i meant year round.....lol!