Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bringing Back the 80's Baby!

Straight Up! Don't ask me what started the conversation Jeff and I were having the other night but it led us to KIDS INCORPORATED! So funny. It was like midnight when the conversation started and both of us were lying in bed, unable to sleep because we couldn't remember the theme song. Then it came to me and I sung it like it was nothing. I used to absolutely LOVE this show! So did Jeff....those of you who really know him are not surprised by this information. Lesha (my sister) and I would always argue over who was Stacey. I always really wanted to be her because she was the star but Lesha actually looked like her and had way more singing/dancing/acting talent than me so she usually was Stacey. I have such good memories of coming home from school and watching this show while singing and dancing along. I consider myself so lucky to have gotten to be born in the 80's! Maybe I wouldn't be so "anti-t.v." if shows like this were still aired! Seriously, whatever happened to good clean fun on t.v.?

So....as our quest continued into the next day we got online and found these videos of KIDS INCORPORATED on youtube. Talk about a total time-buster. I have a million and one things to do but instead I sat at the computer with Jeff and brought the 80's back right in our living room. It was really refreshing. Then Jeff's asks, "Stacey Ferguson, is that like, Fergie?" "No!" I told him absolutely not. Then we looked and sure enough it is Fergie! What? Are we the only people in the world who didn't know that? Then I got sad and I said to Jeff, "Hollywood really ruins people!" Take my sweet little superstar "stacey" and look what she turned into...I'm not so much a Fergie fan, nor do I listen to her or even really know what she sings. So, there you have it. This is what has been consuming our "alone" time together after the kids go to sleep in the evenings.

So if you were ever a fan of KIDS INCORPORATED I would highly recommend looking them up on youtube. It makes for great entertainment and could bring back some pretty fun memories! Did we really dress like that? I know I did! And the hair? Yep, even the hair!

Happy Reminising!

*Thanks Vashti for the step by step instructions for posting a video from youtube...easy!

7 comments:

Vashti said...

believe it or not i had never even HEARD of this show before this post! Maybe they didn't show it in Canada.

Peter and Lesha said...

oh my heck, this was the best show, I would still watch it if it were on today!! Yes many memories of watching this show along with Saved by the Bell and Full House. Good times. It kind of made me sad to watch it, I do miss those days!! and no way I had no idea that that was Fergie I have to look her up now

Jessica said...

I totally remember lots dance parties at your house!! Fun times!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

An innocent start for Fergie on Kids Incorperated, kinda like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake on the Mickey Mouse Club! They don't make 'em like they used to.

I hope you guys caught the Kids Inc group singing "built this city" - can you imagine the construction husbands wearing those outfits?? I would die laughing!

Craison said...

That's not the only good show from back in the 80's. How about all of the great cartoons!?!?!?! Jeff and I LOVED watching Heman, Fraggle Rock, Smurfs, Wonderwoman and of course Yogie Bear. Not only does Hollywood change people drastically, but what happen to the good 'ole cartoons????

Marcy M Miller said...

How funny- I heard the song but never realized it was a teen girl singing the song. I so love the 80's styles!

Sarah said...

I LOVED KIDS INC! Thanks for the flashback!