Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Big 27

Aren't they stinkin' cute!
I know you can't believe it but it's true, Jeff is 27 today! Happy Birthday Bay-bah! Still lookin' young as ever!
True Story:
The other night we took Braxton swimming at the aquatic center. Adelle stayed at my parents so we could have a night with just Brax. So the three of us walk into the center and up to the counter to pay. As Jeff is getting out his wallet the girl at the counter (probably about 22 or so herself) looks up at me and says, "ok one adult and two youth." Are you kidding? "Uh, only if I'm the youth," is what I said in a probably less than friendly tone. Jeff then turned around and the girl was like, "oh, sorry I didn't see your face." Totally funny. She thought Jeff was a youth. The funniest part was that I was totally annoyed because everyone always thinks he looks so young. And Jeff was annoyed because he is sick of everyone thinking he looks young. So it was basically a loose - loose situation but I guess it makes for a good story.


The Agenda for tonight includes lots of Jeff's favorite things:

Steak dinner with company potatoes enjoyed by Jeff, Andrea, Braxton and Adelle

Sparkling Apple-Marionberry Cider

Presents wrapped and decorated by Braxton

A night on the town with his young cute 26 year old wife (if we still venture out in the snow we will be going and finishing some Christmas shopping)

Tillamook Mountain Blackberry Ice Cream - Jeff's new favorite, thanks to my brother Bryce for introducing him to it!

A date night on the couch after the kids are in bed to watch WALL-E...he's been wanting to watch this movie for a while now.
I love my husband so much! He is so simple and he will be so happy with all we have planned. It will be a total blast and I am so lucky to get to spend many more birthdays with such a sweetheart.

5 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

fun, hope you still get to go out:) happy birthday Jeff. Funny ang I don't remember the eating ice cream or Peter's response you will have to remind me:)

The Bowldens said...

how funny! jeff is a youth. lol! i LOVE your family picture! its so great of all of you. miss you guys terribly!

Tay Abbie Mia said...

Yes, Jeff doesn't look 27 but, in about 10 years he will appreciate looking so young for his age:) Your bread looks so good. I would love your recipe if you could email it to me. I really like the family photo too!

April said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!
That was a pretty funny story!
I love the pictures of Braxton playing in the snow, we have been really enjoying it too. Robby and Paden went and delivered cookies to all of our neighbors that were really meant for friends and visiting and home teaching families...they were so cute all bundled up knocking on doors and handing out plates of cookies!
Merry Christmas!
April

April said...

Andrea, that is so funny you ate spit pea soup today, we had it for lunch also! We are about to eat chili for dinner, I guess it's just a warm soup kind of day!
April