Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Campers!

Jeff and I decided that to we would celebrate our 5 years of bliss with a camping trip to Harrison Hot Springs up in Canada, BC. It was one of my favorite places to go growing up and Jeff had never been. The resort there is amazing but we decided to save that for later when we don't have our little kiddos to bring along......so we camped! It was a total blast and we couldn't imagine not bringing our kids to such a fun place. Braxton loved every single thing we did from setting up the tent to swimming to tearing the tent down in the pouring rain Saturday morning. He was such a good sport. Adelle was happy too and loved all the fresh air.
The pictures I've posted crack me up because we are the only ones in the lake. The weather was overcast Friday but it's a good thing we swam anyway because Saturday it poured rain. In all the pictures we look so cold and uncomfortable but it really wasn't that bad! It was a great family outing and camping with 2 kids was way more fun and relaxing than I ever would have thought. I guess I just have awesome kids!











4 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

he is such a happy kid you can tell he just cherishes every min with both of you and he adores baby girl too. What a fun trip, you inspire me I can't imagine taking a new born camping but you don't put your life on hold you just do fun things anyway and I know Brax appreciates it. How fun next time not on your anniversary we would love to come with. love the last pic of you! look like a drown rat :)

April said...

I have been talking to Robby the last few months about going up there, I have never been but have had friends go and they absolutely love it. Hopefully we'll take a little vacation before it starts cooling down too much!
Great pictures!

Matt and Lindsay said...

Looks like you had a blast! You guys are awesome parents, and have an amazing family. Wish we could hang out more :o)
Lindsay

Kirsta 'n co. said...

We have exactly the same tent as you! Yay, tent buddies :) You look a little cold in that last photo, you're a trooper! You make gorgeous babies, you camp in the rain, what can't you do??

My family went back to O'ahu in July and stayed on the north shore. We went to the PCC, BYU-H, Waimea, ALL that good stuff! Memories! The dorms are WAY upgraded now, I think there are actually phone lines and internet now! (though we DID kill 4 GIANT cockroaches, so those apparantly have not been erradicated).