Sunday, November 25, 2012

The most wonderful time of the year

 most of us....
 Bryce and Chelsey
 from my seat on the carriage
 from Jeff's seat on the carriage
 waving to the passerby's
 the cutest thing ever, Emmett looking up and telling Santa that he wants legos for Christmas in his soft, slow, speech.
comfy cutie.

I love this time of year!
Let the festivities begin!

Thanksgiving was wonderful. I love Thanksgiving so much but apparently I was too busy baking pies, directing a play and getting my ZUMBA on to take any pictures.

I love Thanksgiving for multiple reasons. Here are the highlights for this year.

 I made homemade pumpkin pie with real pumpkin. We cooked the pumpkin in our crock pot, roasted the seeds, and didn't use any sugar! It was so delicious and my sweet little Emmett told me that the pumpkin pie was the best part of his Thanksgiving. Win.

Jeff and Braxton played in the much anticipated Turkey Bowl which left me home with 2,3, and 4 to bake and hang out and read books.

My sister who just started her own ZUMBA class did a free class on Thanksgiving and it was wonderful and exactly what I needed! Go Lesha! 

The day was clear and gorgeous.

We gathered out at my parents on the bay and enjoyed a wonderful meal with wonderful family and friends.

Jeff made a pear pie and it was a hit  (do you all know how much I love this man!)

I helped the kids put on a Thanksgiving play. It was fantastic. We had the cousins over for 2 practices, made hats, created a Mayflower boat out of cardboard, and they even sang a Thanksgiving song they had memorized. It was sweet. Adelle is a natural actress and Braxton is a bit of a perfectionist. 

Gage and I tagged along with Chelsey to hit the mall Thursday night. I didn't buy anything but I was happy to go and hang out with a lady who I love and who is so good to me and my family.

Chelsey also brought me more hand-me-downs which are always soooo appreciated. Especially after being pregnant it's so fun to get new, super stylish clothes!

We spent Friday at my parents again where we watched football, ate leftovers, and I even got a nap in their bed (there is something about a parents bed... it still feels like home and is so soft and comfy).

Then Saturday we hit up Fairhaven for free carriage rides and a visit with Santa.

I love where we live. I love growing up here and going to town and running into 500 people that I know. I love it.






1 comment:

Doneva said...

LOVE your post and LOVE you, my favorite is Emmett talking to Santa, so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet love that boy!! YOU are BLESSED and BLESS my LIFE everyday with your sweet countenance and your sweet children and husband.