Saturday, March 10, 2012

Simply sweet Saturday

Today has been simply sweet and so satisfying. I love days like today, even if they are few and far between.

Jeff and I always pray together in bed before ending the day. We take turns, he does the odd days, I do even. Last night was his turn. I often have thoughts while he is praying. Sometimes they apply and sometimes not. The thought I had last night was one on one time with the kids. We need more of that, was my thought. So we did that today. Very simply.

Jeff wanted to make breakfast omlets and decided to ask Adelle and Emmett to help him. They were stoked. While they were busy in the kitchen I asked Braxton what he wanted to do; clean bathroom, clean playroom, or clean his room? He chose the bathroom so he and I scrubbed the toilet, tub, sink... While enjoying each others company. It was so much more rewarding than doing it myself and he enjoyed it too. When we were done we all enjoyed our individual omlets and I already felt like we were accomplishing our goal for the day and it was only 9:00am.

After breakfast the kids played while Jeff and I sat and talked about big people stuff. Then more chores were had. I let Adelle pick a room to clean and a parent to help. She picked her room and her mom. We challenged the boys to a race. They got the playroom, we had the bedroom. It was fun and fast and another two rooms were eliminated from the dirty list.

While I washed sheets, Jeff vacuumed. The kids helped vacuum and put away their clean clothes. Then I made homemade larabars, thanks to another friends recipe, and we all had a very tasty little treat while I made lunch. We ate, they went down for nap, Jeff left to run some business errands and I am left to peacefully read my book, "Keeping the Feast," by Paula Butturini.

The chores are done. My phone is off. The dryer is the only sound. We have a babysitter for to night and a dinner date with our awesome neighbors. Today is simply sweet.

2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

over here on the other hand is simply chaos! hahahaha kidding. they are having fun.

Jayme said...

I love getting things done and the kids are happy, such a rewarding feeling.