Wednesday, March 14, 2012

kids survey


I have been so bad about pictures lately. Here is a cute one of Adelle napping in my bed. She likes to nap there now, by herself except for all her babies. I can still see her laying there when she was a newborn. What happened?

So my friend Erryn did this a few weeks back and I totally stole the idea. A few Monday's ago I wanted a Boomer Burger. Yum! If you haven't been to Boomers Drive In than you are seriously missing out and during the month of February all their burgers are $2 and something so we ALWAYS go in for a burger. It hits the spot every time.

So, here we are a few Monday's ago. Jeff comes home from work and their is no dinner in sight. I suggest Boomer's and it's a done deal. We load the kids in the car and head out. I grab my pen and paper and decide to make it a Family Home Evening on Wheels.

During the car ride I ask the kids questions and they give their answers. After all my questions were asked we turned the time over to them and they asked us the questions, whatever they wanted to know (our kids are still young enough that this was pretty painless). It was so fun. We all learned something special about each other and we got yummy burgers and FHE covered all in one stop.

Here are some of the favorite answers:

Favorite Fruit?
B: "Cantelope" (what???? I never buy this because I don't like it and here it is his favorite??? I had no idea. I guess I will start buying it. He must have inherited this from my sister, Lesha. It is her favorite too!)

Favorite Toy?
A: "my little talker thing that has a seat."
(oh, right. Her princess vanity. It talks and has a stool to sit on)

E: "Ball"

Favorite thing about yourself?
B: "Um, that I am all grown up now."
(you are???)
A: "that I am so special."
(very true and well put :0)

Favorite Place to eat?
B: "Applebees"
A: "McDonalds"
(gag me twice, I don't like either of these places!!)

Favorite place to go on Vacation?
B: "Hawaii"
(now that's what I'm talking about BUT.... you have never been there??)

Favorite thing to do with dad?
B: "play football"
A: "play bad guys!"
(cute)

Favorite food?
B: "Hamburgers"
A: "Macaroni"
E: "chips"
(I would have to agree with Emmett on this one, and he was telling the truth. He loves his chips!)

Those are some of the favorites. They kids had Jeff and I looking at each other in shock. It's funny to hear them say their own favorites and then to compare them to what we think are their favorites.

No comments: