Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quote and other weekend hoop-la




Braxton says to his aunt Lesha while looking for his homemade Dr. Suess Hat, "I'm going to go look in the junk pile." She questions what the junk pile is to which he responds, "the recycle outside where my mom puts all my schoolwork!"

Ok, first of all this makes me feel really bad that this is his perception. I will have to explain my motivation to him.
Second of all anyone who knows me well knows that I am a pack rat and I have every love note, card, picture, anyone has ever given me. I have to really stretch myself to throw things away. The larger our family grows, the easier this is becoming. That, and Jeff's "toss it" influence.
Third, Braxton writes and draws all day everyday and there is no way I could possibly keep it all. It's crazy and most of the stuff he comes home from school work is nothing but worksheets. All of the good stuff is either hanging on my wall/fridge or filed away in the cabinet.
So there, in my own defense.
BUT, I do love children and seeing the world through their little narrow scope can be really enlightening. I don't want my sweet boy to think I don't treasure his work and how well he is doing in school.

Ok so this blog is random but I haven't blogged in a while and much has happened.

Jeff was in the local Home Show with the business and got a whopping 118 leads. Like that many people actually signed up with their name and address that they want their roof cleaned. This is pretty huge and although it was a long weekend for everyone involved it looks like it is going to be WAY worth it!!
I started calling it the NOT home show, since he was gone all day, all weekend.
I did get to go hang out with him for a bit Friday and Saturday. I brought him lunch, gave him a break and manned the old booth. It was pretty hilarious actually when someone asked me for a rough estimate. He told me his roof was 70 some feet long, the pitch, the issue.... he told me way to much information about his roof to which I replied, "ok, so to recap your roof is 700 feet long..." He got a good chuckle out of that! I am not a numbers person, obviously. I did a better job just smiling and saying hello and letting Jeff handle the numbers. I also brought my camera and totally forgot to take a picture which is super disappointing!

Saturday morning after Jeff left I had the kids work for a while on chores. Then after we were done we went down to the school to ride bikes. Our favorite thing to do lately. Braxton is getting super confident, going off sidewalks and finally using his brakes. Me and the cart full of little kids enjoyed going around the parking lot a trillion times and catching air on the speed bumps. Emmett and Adelle were squealing and shouting, "more bumps" the whole time which was enough to refuel me for another round. Adelle started calling me, "Friend Andrea." That is who I am when we play house. At the school the whole time I was, "Friend Andrea", which made for a much funner time than had I been boring old mom, I guess. I got muddy which isn't typical for me.

Emmett rocked Adelle's pink and purple helmet all day. He likes to look official like his big brother. He also really wants to ride a bike but he is still just a tad too short. The bumps were satisfying for him though.

That's it.
Do you throw your kids' papers away?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I didn't used to throw papers away but once both ids were in school full time the garbage can became much fuller;)