Saturday, June 26, 2010

my poor calves

Yesterday morning at 6:00am my cousin Wendy (visiting from Coronado, CA) and I took my sister's step aerobic class at the Bellingham YMCA. It was intense! My sister's class is tough stuff and I can barely walk today.
It's the best feeling!
Lesha! I knew you were super talented but why did you not tell me that your step class is phenomenal??
Friday morning the sun was shining when we left my house at 5:30am. It was beautiful. The workout was so invigorating and afterward I felt like an energized new woman.
I couldn't believe how I felt. I walk almost daily, I even attempt running,...and yet this was like hard-core one hour of aerobic mind saving exercise.
The class is at the Bellingham YMCA on Friday mornings at 6:00am.
It costs $7. My first thought was, "what a rip!" That thought vanished quickly and was replaced by, "I rarely ever spend money on myself, really ...I can use $7 a week just for me and be o.k with that."
So I will.
I'd love for you to join and I know it will be worth the $7. If you are already a member of the Y then even better.
You deserve it!
*special thanks to Wendy for convincing we go check it out and for also insisting we go straight to Great Harvest bread afterward for breakfast! I devoured that raspberry pound cake "sample".*

4 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

thanks so much for coming:) you did so good and I am so glad you liked it:) I will pick you up next week!

April said...

I will try and make it next Friday. Is it the YMCA in downtown Bham??
April

Jeremy Saunders said...

I know the feeling! From now on when I do step I make sure I step on my heels first, never toes or I can't walk for a week! No more sore calves for me now that I learned that trick! 6am is too early for this night owl! have fuN!
mimi

Christen said...

I love step aerobics! 6 in the morning is kinda crazy early to be somewhere but I'm going to think about joining you one of these Fridays!