Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm convinced

Ignorance is bliss

but

knowledge is power

Can you have both at the same time? Is one "better" than another? I feel like I am both, in different areas. I even feel like I am both in the same areas!? Is that possible? In some areas I'm glad I'm ignorant (for my heart rates sake). In other areas I feel thankful for knowledge I've acquired.
That's all I've got. I've just been pondering these thoughts recently. I won't expand for lack of time, energy, more important things to do like play hide n' seek with my kids...
what are your thoughts?
Would you rather be blissful or Powerful?

3 comments:

Vashti said...

I would have to say I am a little of both too!

Jessica said...

I want to be both!! And thankfully we are women that can be!! You are amazing Andrea~

Rachel Ashmore said...

I've thought a lot about this too. Knowledge usually accompanies some kind of pain...which I would prefer to be without, thank-you-very-much. But then, you look at the purpose of life...which is in a nutshell: to get knowledge and become more like God...who happens to know everything. Wouldn't it make sense that God, then experiences an immense amount of pain as a result of all that he knows? But the amount of joy we experience is directly proportional to the amount of pain we experience...so God must be the most joy-filled being around. And men are, that they might have joy...sooo, I'm not seeing an easy way around it, darn it all. I still dig in my heels every tune U am presented with an opportunity to gain knowledge and grow, because I have already learned that it will somehow accompnay discomfort of some kind! Anyway, I obviously haven't been able to organize all of these thoughts in a way that makes sense yet...I guess I've got more to learn. *sigh*