Wednesday, September 30, 2009

She thinks my Excavator's Sexy

Jeff came home with an excavator from work the other day. Braxton woke up from nap and I had him look out the front window at the excavator. "Is that my birthday present," Braxton exclaimed. "No, Brax dad brought that home from work." "Oh, mom will you save your money so I can have one of those for my birthday?"
They were cutting down trees at work and Jeff, being the resourceful man that he is, asked if he could have the logs to use for firewood. So the project begun. First, unloading the logs off the trailer. This made me a nervous wreck! Jeff was really hot up there doin' his thing, I will admit, he really new what he was doing. At the same time, a little too confident swinging that huge bucket around. Needless to say I only got a couple pictures.
I love this picture. My little working man.
He was happy as a little clam out working all day.
These logs were really heavy but it was his job and he was proud to do it.
Adelle just hung out. Enjoyed the scene and whatever snack was available to her.
After the logs were cut with the chainsaw we got to chop them with the saw. Jeff made it look really easy so I gave it a try.
Not as easy as it looked but I gave it a good few hacks.
This is Braxton watching me with the ax. I think my son is a little schovanist. He watched me like this the whole time and finally he goes, "mom, what are you doing with that thing?" I had Jeff capture it on camera. So perfect. Needless to say I went back in the house after a lame attempt with the ax and made lunch.

7 comments:

Jeremy Saunders said...

Andrea, I too found your blog on Aprils! That darn lady! Thanks for stopping by the blog and commenting, you are too nice. This post of yours explains Braxton's sharing. He had that cute money box and said he was saving money to buy a boat and a tractor! LOL! He is such a sweetie, and I love when he gets excited!
mimi

Jayme said...

Karlee loved the bread, thanks for sharing :)

Peter and Lesha said...

that is so cute, brax loves that kind of thing!! well save your money cause he really wants an excavator! addy is too cute too. I know where we are coming this winter fresh bread and warm house.

Rachel Ashmore said...

I'm still laughing...
=)

The Tulett Family said...

Pregnant lady chopping wood...that is such a funny picture! Made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures...your kids are so cute. What a little helper Braxton is :).

Sarahbelle said...

Love that kids enjoy doing all the things they see their parents do, and think it is fun! Brax sure does look like he is growing up, and like he was a lot of help! Gabby asked if she could dust the other day- ha like I will say no to that!