Thursday, September 24, 2009

Extreem Room Makeover

So this past weekend the itch was finally scratched! All summer this room has been driving me crazy. The carpet is had and I no matter how hard I worked at it, the room never felt clean. Being our family room, we spend a lot of time here and it definitely needed something. Last time I was pregnant I high-lighted my hair blonde....Jeff was not a fan. This time we agreed it would be better to change the color of the room, then the color of my hair!
Out with the old.....
We started our project after dinner Friday night when Jeff came home from work. The kids were anxious to help. That was exciting!
I don't know if this is o.k, but it made me laugh. Painters crack I guess.
This picture is funny too. I painted like this for like two seconds but all the pictures of me painting were taken during those two seconds. What a multi-tasker! We got all the painting done Friday night. It went really smooth. We let the kids help with the first coat and then after they were in bed Jeff and I did the second coat and the baseboard.
Saturday morning we were back on the job. This picture is out of order but these kids are so fun. Braxton was calling this seat the "bleachers" and him and Adelle would sit there, temporarily and watch Jeff do the dirty work.
The carpet came out after the painting. This was Braxton's favorite part and he was very helpful.
Saturday night...notice kids are in bed again....we completed the project. We had a pretty good system. I would puzzle the laminate and click it in place, one row at a time, and then Jeff would measure the difference and go out to the garage and cut the last piece. Then he would place it and I would have the next row ready. We had such a fun time working together. Jeff is really handy and precise and I am all about being productive and getting things done so we make a good team.
Thank goodness he did the measuring and not me. I don't think "good enough" would have turned out as well.
Hooray. It's one in the morning and we are going to bed. Project room is complete! We are exhausted!
I love it, love it, love it! It's so refreshing and clean and all that I hoped for. Way better than the blonde highlights if I don't say so myself!
I will post more pictures when the walls are decorated more. This is it for now!

19 comments:

Kelsey said...

It looks so good! I love the floors and the green paint, nice work.

The Bowldens said...

wow!!!! it looks amazing!!!! i LOVE it!

Rachel Ashmore said...

Woohoo! I LOVE it! SO classy.

A and C said...

Looks great! You guys do good work. I love working on improving my home with my hubby.

Taryn said...

Love it! Amazing what a difference and even the huge change with just the couch cover and rug! Awesome job!

Jessica said...

I love it Andrea!! It looks awesome!

Sarahbelle said...

The room looks GREAT! I love that you are not afraid of color too! I want to paint a room green, when we finally have a house that we can paint! I can't believe that you are doing all that work pregnant and with two kids around! Way to go!

Katy said...

It turned out so great! I love the rug and couch cover!!

Jena said...

Wow!! This looks fabulous!! I love it and am totally impressed!!

Nancy and Spencer said...

I LOVE doing home projects!!! This post made the wheels turn in my head... and I'm not even a home owner yet!
It looks great! Nice color scheme too.

Suzanne said...

it looks amazing! i love the green you picked... very crisp and looks great with the new floor! great job and great taste! :o)

Jama said...

Andrea! It looks great! I love the paint color you chose, the rug is GREAT! And your blog made me smile! Holding Adelle while painting, the "bleachers," and you two working so good together. Also, the part with good enough probably not working as great. That would be me, as well. Im with ya there. :) Kiss the kids for me! And rub that belly! Love you Jama

Marcy M Miller said...

It looks great. I love the color of the walls. You guys are fast workers to get that done in 2 days.

Brooke said...

THis looks totally awesome!!

Matt and Lindsay said...

You guys are amazing! I love that you let the kids help. It looks amazing. You guys have such a cute little family!

Craison said...

I LOVE it! So funny because the color of the walls is what mom has been looking to do in her bedroom. So funny! Anyways, love you and hope to see you soon!

Kate said...

You guys did an outstanding job, the room looks fabulous!! I love the before and after pics too! Hope to see you and the kiddos for a play group sometime soon!

kaitlyn said...

IT LOOKS AMAZING! well done! i absolutely love it... and you made it look so easy holding adelle while preggers and painting. what a multitasking woman!

Anonymous said...

WOW Andrea it looks so great! Can Jeff come over and do my floors now :)