Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's Day

The first mother's day I celebrated was May 2005 and I was pregnant with Braxton. Jeff made me breakfast in bed.....turkey lunch meat and cheese omelet. I couldn't get near it. He told me we were all out of bacon. My sweet husband had really good intentions BUT... I do draw the line. I remember that day really well and the anticipation I felt in becoming a mom....I could have never dreamed it would bring me the sweetest, most pure joy I have ever felt.
Four years later this is my sweet family. I love it love it love it!
These are some of my most loved and cherish co-momers. My mom who I love and I am so thankful for the great example of motherhood she has shown me. My sister, who is a wonderful mom and who I love being a side by side. And both of my grandma's who I also love and have so much admiration for.

My favorite place in the whole world. A beautiful day, beautiful family, beautiful home, beautiful flowers in bloom.....


My other favorites which I got to enjoy today....Homemade Cherry Pie and fresh Lilacs. My awesome husband took it upon himself to create the masterpiece because he knows I love it and bakery's use the pie filling....not the real cherries. It was delicious and I will be eating it for breakfast tomarrow!
The lilaca are from my mom and dad's yard and they make my whole house smell so fresh and spring-ie.
We got to talk to Brent today who is in Spain and Jeff's brother Lane, who is in Japan. It was so great to hear their voices and know that they are doing so well.
The guys did a great dinner....my brother Bryce really stepped it up since my dad has been so sick and it was really nice to be all together as a family.
Thank you for this day.

This evening when we were leaving my mom and dad's and getting the kids into the car this is the conversation Braxton and I had.....
Braxton: "Mom, I really yike (like) this Mother's Day."

Me: "Me too Brax.....what do you like about it?"

Braxton: "It's a really happy day."








5 comments:

The Bowldens said...

i'm so glad you had an awesome mom's day! it was very special for us too!

Nancy and Spencer said...

Your family is super cute. I can't get over how beautiful your kiddos are! And like you guys said, I feel like i already know you too. I forget we haven't met. Isn't blogging "cool like that"? But you should TOTALLY plan a trip to come stay out here with us. We'd LOVE that! Jeff & Spenc should work out the details sometime. :)
p.s. Happy late Mother's Day

Marcy M Miller said...

I'm gald you had a good mother's day. I love lilac's too, I really want to plant one in my yard. Cute family pictures!!!

Peter and Lesha said...

so cute love the pics of all of us. You are a great mom and I am still learning but it's fun to hang out with you:)

April said...

Hey Andrea, it was fun running into you today. We'll have to coordinate that better next time! I can't waite to hang out with you a little more and I need to get together with lesha too.
Your little chubby girl is so cute.
Talk soon.
April