Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The much enjoyed Long Weekend...

My pictures uploaded backwards but I won't let that spoil my post. We had a great Memorial Day weekend. I love this holiday. I love the flags that line the streets of downtown and the chance that I had to talk to Braxton about those who have gone on before us, fighting for our freedom....three year old version of course:)

This is Adelle on Monday. We did the traditional claming at Birch Bay. This has never been my favorite thing until now when Braxton gets to go with Umpa and Bama and have a blast digging for clams in the sand. He loved it and Adelle was happy at the picnic, scoring with the empty pop can she found in the cooler and managed to get a few drops out of.
My parents and Braxton clammed all morning and then Jeff got to help pull the necks off the clams and pound them up for clam fritters. Jeff liked the part he had in the task. It all is pretty "red-neckish" to me but they all enjoy it and I do like a clam fritter or two along with my bar-b-q'd hamburger.
It's always a fun day. Grandma Mary came out along with Aunt Colleen and Aunt Angela. Bryce came out after work and we all enjoyed the beautiful weather and the fresh salt air.

The "kids" running around and being crazy. This is Braxton and Adelle's favorite game. Sissy chases brother but she has dad on her side so they usually win.

My dirty boy being a dirty boy!


One of the few games of Boccie Ball we enjoyed together. Bryce is winning in this picture! I was winning one game too.....until Jeff stole my thunder with a double point round to win the game!



This is us Saturday at Silver Lake. It was beautiful there and we had a fun time camping with my parents and Lesha and Peter and Carson. Talk about a "full house." Notice in the picture we all have our space...the camping quarters did not allow for much of that:)

Here are some of the Happy Campers bright and early Saturday morning. They woke up and got out on the lake as soon as they could. Jeff and I are not in the picture. We are in the cabin asleep. We let Grandma and Grandpa get up with the kids and play while we took advantage of a couple more hours of zzzzzz's.


Our Cabin. My mom booked this cabin for the whole family. The ranger said the cabin slept 6. I think my mom has it engraved in her brain that there are still 6 people in the family. This is not an accurate number. There are actually 11 people in the family now and 9 of us were all together in the cabin.
We had a great time! There were 3 beds. The Ashmore bed which consisted of Jeff, Andrea and Adelle with Braxton on the floor in his sleeping bag. The Olsen bed which was pregnant Lesha, Peter and Carson. And the Grandparents bed which was right next to the Ashmore bed and where my mom and dad slept. We were cozy but it was great. We love camping with my parents because they cook for us, play and fish with our kids, and we just hang out:)
Braxton and Grandpa were happy fishermen and we were all happy campers!
This is Friday....the start of the great weekend. Audrey came over on Friday and her and Braxton had a great time together in the sunshine. We did picnic, pop-sickles, sprinkler....

and of course the kids were workin' out back. If you know Braxton you know that he is a workin' man and he really lives and breathes construction work. He is usually in the pile of dirt with his shovel and his dump truck workin' away.

Notice not only does he work, but he supervises and makes sure everyone else is working to his standard. These kids were so cute out there workin'!









7 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

Those pictures look very familiar:) I had a great weekend too I think this has become my favorite holiday, peters off, the sun was shining and there was good food

Brian and Amy Wilson said...

Looks like fun! Bryce is looking so much older. It makes me feel old - I still think of him as the cute 6 year old I taught in primary!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! I haven't checked your blog in awhile...I don't have one so I also forget about them :). Adelle is getting so big and so cute!

Rachel Ashmore said...

I LOVE the one of Adelle draining that soda can. Really funny! She looks so determined. =)

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend!! We want to get together again soon, maybe after next week is finished and school is out:)

Sarahbelle said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I want to go on a fun camping trip now. You all look great!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Camping AND an extended game of sardines! You guys are so lucky :) Looks like you (and the kids... or are you still a kid?) had a wonderful time, hooray for summer adventures!