Monday, April 13, 2009

Happiness Is.....

Have you ever just thought, "wow, things are just really good?" I hope you have had those moments. Lately things around here are really good. The spring time helps these feelings I think. We are really happy, not like totally perfect, but really sincerely happy. I'm so thankful for my sweet family and the happiness they bring me. Here are some recent pictures that really capture my feelings.


The other day Braxton and I were making bread and we heard Adelle. My hands were gooey so I asked Brax if he would run in and entertain sis for a minute so I could clean up and come and get her. I heard laughter from her room as I walked down the hall. When I opened her door this is what I found. They were both laughing and having fun. Braxton had hopped up into Adelle's crib and was entertaining them both. It made me happy.
This morning we were outside. Braxton and I were practicing T-ball and Adelle was cheering us on from her swing. I came in to catch a phone call and when I went to go back out I had to stop and capture this moment. Adelle and Braxton having a heart to heart conversation about baseball. They looked so content and it reminded me to stop and smell the roses and to enjoy these little moments.


This weekend Braxton got to spend some time with his great Aunt Angela. Thanks auntie! While he was gone Jeff and I did a bunch of yard work and gardening (not because he was gone, he would have loved helping, but we did it because the weather was nice and we've been wanting to get it done.) Adelle loved every minute of it. She sat on the grass and watched us with glee. She liked her few hours of being an only child but we all missed Braxton!


Adelle is pretty big stuff. She is climbing and pulling herself up on everything. This is one of her favorite spots because Braxton is known to leave his unfinished snacks just sitting on this table for the taking. Adelle is our little ray of sunshine. She is the happiest little thing. We are so in love with her.



Last week in the evening when Jeff came home I got to get out and mow the lawn. We were going to go for a family walk but it was a little chilly outside. I thought Jeff and the kids were inside playing but when I came around the corner with the mower this is what I saw. This made me happy. My cute little family coming to surprise me.


My sweet husband left me and both kids love notes today on the breakfast table for when we woke up. It made me really happy.

This is just a little of the happiness I am feeling....




5 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

I love all of the pictures, your kids are growing so much. You can find so much happiness in your family. I always have to step back to and just watch my girls because they make me smile ear to ear. I'm glad that things are going well for you guys.

Sarahbelle said...

Life really is wonderful and kids make it even more sweet! Being happy and having those special moments as a family are truly what make life. Glad you are all doing so well!

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad that things are going so well, that is a wonderful feeling of just being happy! I love your pictures too... the kiddos are adorable!

Vashti said...

Adelle is getting so big! How wonderful that they have such a special relationship! These pictures were just absolutely adorable ;)

Peter and Lesha said...

they are both the cutest kids ever love the outside shoot of brax and addy.