Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Baby Girl





So Braxton has basically renamed Adelle "Baby Girl." It's so funny now because he know her whole name and he can say it but he has always called her "baby girl" and now Jeff and I find ourselves calling her "baby girl" and everyone around us is calling her "baby girl." The other day we received a card in the mail that said, "Dear Jeff, Andrea, Braxton and Baby girl." It was so funny and so true. I think Adelle will always be "baby girl." I'm actually ok with that since she seems to be growing up so fast. She is such a sweet, cuddly, mellow "baby girl."

As for Braxton his imagination has taken over our lives. He is so imaginary lately, pretending to do everything and doing it so realistically. Funny story: Jeff goes to morning meetings on Sundays now with his new calling. The other Sunday morning after Jeff had left Braxton comes out of his room wearing nothing but his diaper (we're working on that one too), church socks and church shoes with my camera case hung on his shoulder. "Bye mom," he said, "I'm going to my church meeting." "Ok bye, I love you," was my response. "Have fun at your meeting." I then peek around the corner to him with standing at the table in the front room with his pen and paper as if he is taking serious notes. A couple minutes later he comes back to the kitchen where I am. " Hi mom, I'm back from my meeting." I respond, "Hi Brax, how was it?" His answer, "Good, I went to my meeting and to church," then he paused and with the most serious face he says," OH CRAP I FORGOT TO GO TO NURSERY!" It was so funny and so realistic like he had really forgotten. I couldn't help but laugh. Then I asked him where he learned the word "crap" and he said, "from dad." It was a good learning experience for me because I know I say that word too and obviously he is picking up everything we do and say lately!

6 comments:

Taryn said...

That's so funny we always and still call Tayla Baby Girl! Your kids are so cute!

Vashti said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brax!! He is so stinkin' cute! I had to read that story out loud to Marcus b/c it's pretty much the funniest thing I have heard all week if not all month!!

Peter and Lesha said...

well I love that new open picture with all of you. You are such a cute family. Yes you know I could listen to Brax all day long he is so funny the way he can entertain himself (with your help) pretending to crab for hours on end. I love that meeting story. Yes baby girl is perfect we all know this quite rubbing it in! hahahaha.

Marcy M Miller said...

That is so cute! I love it when they use their imaginations! Adelle is getting so big, and she is so cute.

April said...

I know we have had to REALLY watch what we are saying now around Paden he picks up everything. The other day he said, "what the heck" I was so upset that my sweet innocent little boy said that but I also knew he learned it from us. So, I can totally relate to you right now!
By the way good luck with potty training.
April

A and C said...

I was totally OK with using the word "crap" until my kids started saying it. True, true, they watch everything!