Thursday, March 20, 2008

How Jeff and Andrea came to be "Jeff and Andrea"

How did we meet?
We grew up in the same stake (went to the same church but in neighboring towns) so we knew each other way before we were ever "interested" in each other. We really met when Jeff got home from his mission and I was home from BYU Hawaii for Christmas break. Jeff's sister Erin and I are friends and when she came to pick me up for church one Sunday Jeff just happened to be in the back seat. He was just off his mission and really clueless but I was friendly and polite. Needless to say it was definetly not "love at first sight." It wasn't until spring break when I came home that we started dating and it definetly wasn't because of our car ride back in December.
Where did you go on your first date? Who asked who out?
Jeff asked me out on our first date. We doubled with his brother Andrew and his date. Jeff had a really nice Mustang back then and he washed it and vaccummed it out before he picked me up (I love that part). We went to Canada 5-pin bowling and then to Red Robin for dessert. After we dropped off Andrew and his date he took me to this secret park in Ferndale and we danced in the dark under the headlights from his car. He's a real "wooer."
How long have you been together?
Our first date was May 31, 2003 and we got married that same year August 7th so almost 5 years!
Who eats more?
Probably me! Jeff is a bigger meal eater and he can eat almost a whole pizza at once which I think is disgusting but I snack a lot more and I don't forget to eat like Jeff does if he's busy with something.
Who said I love you first?
Jeffery. It caught me really off guard because we had only been dating a week or so, so I said, "thank you" but I think I told him I loved him too the next night.
Who is smarter?
Jeff is smarter, I just think I am smarter most of the time. Jeff is really good at recalling what he reads and he always has to explain things to me. Oh and movies... I never know what is going on until afterwards when he sums up the whole thing. Plus he can do the RUBIX cube in under a minute!
Who does the laundry?
Braxton and I do the laundry for the most part but Jeff has started washing his work clothes. Basically he has a system for that and I don't think I do it right. He does like 2 rinses and special stuff like that.
Who does the dishes?
I do the dishes mainly because I can't stand to have dirty dishes in the sink, ever!! However, if there is a dish that is really disgusting and I don't want to touch it I just ask Jeff to do it and he's totally game.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
If you're at the foot of our bed it's Jeff. That's because it's closest to the door and he can protect me from whatever is lurking outside our room.
Who pays the bills?
I pay the bills but he brings home the bacon so it's a joint effort.
Who mows the lawn?
Usually me because I am home during the day and I like to mow the lawn, it's good exercise. When we do yardwork on the weekends I will mow the front yard while he is weed-eating and then he'll mow the back yard.
Who cooks dinner?
That would be me too but it's ok because I love to cook and Jeff works really hard for me and Braxton. Plus on Saturdays he usually cooks breakfast which is a nice treat. How is he supposed to cook dinner when he gets home from work at dinner time?
Who drives when you are together?
Jeff mostly unless he starts nodding off then he'll have me drive.
Who is more stubborn?
Honestly I think we are equal on this one. Both of us are extreemly stubborn!
Who is the first to admit when they're wrong?
I think Jeff is probably better at this than I am but we're pretty close. I do admit it but he is usually the first to say sorry.
Who kissed who first?
You won't believe it but it was me! I know... maybe it wasn't the most feminine thing for me to do but I'm not one to beat around the bush and he had been beating around and around and around and around so I just had to end his torment and do it. Needless to say he was really relieved and never had second thoughts about kissing me after that.
Who proposed? That'd be Jeff...both times. The first time I said yes but then changed my mind (give me a break we had only been dating 3 weeks). The second time I asked him to propose again and said yes for real.
Who is more sensitive? Me, but I'm rubbing off on Jeff too. He's told me he never used to cry until we got married so I think I have softened him up a bit. He's a really sensitive guy.
Who has more friends?
I am a real people person and have lots of friends that I see regularly and do things with. Jeff has lots of friends at work but he's not one to initiate hanging out with friends. I have more time to be with friends I guess.
Who has more siblings?
Jeff has more. He has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. I have 1 sister and 2 brothers.
Who wears the pants in the family? Who do you think? I'm curious to hear your comments! I would say me. I respect Jeff as the head of the family but, I am the girl, so when it comes down to it whatever I say goes.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you started a blog, now we can keep up w/ what you guys are doing. it was fun to read how you and Jeff became you and Jeff. = )

Laura said...

I love this! So many parallels to my story with Jason. Except he hasn't proposed... I would scream! I have a few issues with commitment apparently. :)

And your little boy just gets cuter and cuter... hope pregnancy #2 is going smoothly! I'm stoked to keep up on your cute family now! What is Jeff going to school to do?