Thursday, June 12, 2014

Her Royal Highness

 Adelle's birthday this year was quite the event. Thursday she got to go with Bama. They went dress shopping and out to dinner and then for a frozen yogurt treat.
Adelle picked out this cute dress from Old Navy. Also the necklace for my girlie girl.
 Friday while she was at school these sweet lady missionaries came over to help me get my decorating on. They made most of this fun crepe paper banner I had found on pinterest.

Friday after school she came home to special
 birthday mail from Uncle Brent and Aunt Jess. 
 
Saturday morning we hosted her Princess PJ Pancake Party. All her little friends came in their princess nighties and we had pancakes smothered in strawberries (from our yard!!) and whip cream.
Look closely at Adelle's face. I got all the girls seated and Jeff put the pancakes in front of Adelle to sing while I was back in my bedroom transforming into...

 The Fairy Godmother. This is so, so, fun. And silly. I came out with my wand and danced around the table chanting spells and recognizing each guest. Giving them each special names and whatever else. Just making a bunch of little girls giggle basically. And Jeff, lol. 
If you know anything about Adelle you know that she was all about this guest appearance. So fun.
 She wanted to wear my fancy dress even!
All the girls ate pancakes and then they played dress up with their shoes and sashes and bangles (which I found mostly at Value Village!!)

Goof Ball!

 Kindergarten girl friends!
 All the princesses in attendance

After the presents there was dancing and paper throwing.

 Also when my mom took Adelle shopping she let Adelle pick out a box of cereal. Adelle picked these and requested them for her actual birthday breakfast. She was surprised to accept the huge bowl of cereal I offered her and shared with all her brothers.



 After church all the family came over (well, not actually all the family but a lot of them) and we had pizza, per Adelle's request.
 She took some time to lounge in the shade after the party. It was a busy weekend after all :)
Jeff's mom made and sent in the mail this amazing Elsa dress from the movie Frozen. Apparently none of the ones at the store were good enough for this little princess so she just whipped up her own.
Adelle has been singing and dancing in this dress ever since.

Until Next Year...

1 comment:

Sarahbelle said...

You are too much fun! What a fun thing to dress up and surprise the girls. Plus that GIANT bowl of cereal, thats the fun kind of things kids will remember! Hope she is loving being 6