Sunday, June 22, 2014

Father’s Day

IMG_5142

I took this picture and entered it in a Father/Son look a like contest. They would win in my book. Too cool for school these two.

IMG_5188IMG_5189

Father’s Day was awesome this year. My babies’ dad is just Awesome with a capital A.

Here they are with their Father’s Day smoothie that the kids made for Jeff. Chocolate Greens, avacado, ice, water and strawberries from the garden. So good!!

IMG_5192

Then later on our friends came over for the Father’s Day brunch. Bacon, eggs, french toast and buttermilk biscuits.  The daddy’s each ate about a dozen biscuits I think. One of Jeff’s favorites.

I decided I am going to make these biscuits a Father’s Day tradition because I have really good memories of my dad always making them for us for breakfast.

IMG_5332

After church we went out to the Bay to have dinner with my mom and dad. We ate roast and potatoes and salad and homemade strawberry ice cream.

After dinner Jeff and my dad went to check out this boat, which he bought the next day. Happy Father’s Day Dad!! Apparently I really am the favorite child since he waited for all the other kids to move away before he bought this boat. We will have lots of fun skiing and tubing behind it this summer!! Don’t worry siblings, it will get good use.

IMG_5200IMG_5201IMG_5202

When we got home we talked to Jeff’s mom and dad via Skype for a while.

IMG_5206IMG_5207IMG_5209IMG_5210

The next morning the boys joined in on our morning workout and Jeff proved his fatherhood again by doing pushups with all of the boys on his back. 

IMG_5309IMG_5310IMG_5317IMG_5330IMG_5331IMG_5316IMG_5320IMG_5321IMG_5319

And pretty much, now that my dad has this boat, I think Jeff and him and the kids, think that every weekend is going to be Father’s Day! It’s pretty fun. Bring on the sun.

There is nothing better then having a good man in your life that loves his family, or two or three or four…

I am so thankful for Jeff and his love for us. So grateful for my dad and his dad and their love and continual sacrifices for all of us and also for good men who are good dad’s to be friends with.

1 comment:

Sarahbelle said...

Great Dads in your life for sure! What a fun new family toy- Go Doug! I am intrigued by your new Barleans chocolate greens, might have to go get it!