Sunday, April 6, 2014

the wheels were turning

IMG_4491IMG_4492IMG_4493IMG_4494IMG_4496IMG_4497IMG_4498IMG_4499IMG_4500IMG_4501IMG_4504IMG_4507IMG_4509IMG_4512IMG_4513IMG_4514IMG_4515IMG_4516IMG_4520IMG_4521IMG_4522IMG_4526IMG_4527IMG_4533IMG_4534IMG_4535IMG_4536

Last weekend Gagey and I hit the road to drive down to Vancouver to visit Lesha and her family and meet new little baby Corbin.

I always wonder what’s going through my little kids’ heads. Like driving down there my sister in law Chelsey was with us for a bit of the drive and I felt like Gage was just thinking, “What is going on? Where is my dad and my brothers and sister?” He kept giving me this blank, concerned, confused look every time I turned around to see how he was doing.

When we got there he knew for certain that he was not sleeping in the play pen that my friend had lent me. He was not leaving my side that night so we slept together on the air mattress.

The next day was easier and the day after that he was even more comfortable. He still wanted me to be within sight but he had so much fun jumping on the trampoline with the kids, playing all day with Kate and he was fascinated with Corbin. He loved that baby so much; always wanting to hold him and touch him and be close to him. It was really sweet and cute.

I had a great time too, playing auntie. It’s something that I don’t often get to play. Usually when the cousins are around, my kids are there too so I find myself playing the mom role and not the auntie role. This time, being there in Lesha’s home, I felt like the auntie. It was awesome. Corbin was so sweet and cute and I found myself being in total relaxation mode the whole time, even though I was helping it wasn’t overwhelming or busy. Just nice. Plus the fact that it was really sunny and I got to wear my swimsuit one afternoon!!

The last picture of Gage was when we pulled into our driveway the night we came home. He had slept a lot of the way. Tired, worn out boy!

No comments: