Tuesday, April 15, 2014

the important stuff

Life is so full and today I was thinking about all the little things that are happening right now that I never want to forget. Little, simple things but important none the less.

IMG_4624

Emmett is officially over Gage. The other day he told me that he wishes Gage was a little tiny baby again when, “he just laid there.” It was so honest and sweet. Emmett is so good to Gage and Gage is a little stinker and I think Emmett is getting tired of it. He told me liked baby Corbin better than Gage too. Emmett sure did love that baby Corbin and the trip he got to take down with Bama to Vancouver.

Emmett is also into the card game UNO. That’s the understatement of the century. When he and Braxton wake up they play the game until breakfast (so, for like an hour). Emmett and I then play mid-day while he has his patch on and then later on into the day he is continually asking who wants to play UNO with him. He is really good at it and beat the babysitter numerous times the other day. She was shocked.

Also Emmett is Braxton’s dirty work doer. Not really but Braxton sends Emmett out each morning when they wake up to see if it’s 7:00am yet because that means they can get out of bed. It’s fun to watch Emmett run out, look at the clock, and run back to tell Braxton. Good Brothers.

Times like this make me seriously consider homeschooling my kids. Numbers, time telling equals real, everyday math.

IMG_4642

Braxton has been busy practicing his trampoline flips in his spare time, which he doesn’t seem to have much of these days. He is playing baseball (pitching machine) which is 2-3 days a week and he still is doing scouts one night. Also our chickens are producing enough eggs now that Braxton has started selling eggs. That’s been really fun for him and he is taking it really serious. He feeds the chickens, waters them, and now he also has the added responsibility of washing and carting the eggs and charting how many eggs we get a day and how many dozen he sells to track his income. Pretty big stuff. Braxton thrives on responsibility and leadership.

IMG_4649IMG_4670

Adelle is quite the busy bee too. She continues to love school and is doing really well. She is also doing dance lessons and this week she started taking piano lessons from a high school friend.  Adelle is so musical so you can usually find her spinning and twirling while singing.  Always in a dress as long as they aren’t all in the wash. The other day I introduced myself to another mom that I recognized from the kids’ school. I told her who my daughter was and she said, “oh, the one who likes to wear all the fancy dresses to school.” Yes. That is Adelle.

Adelle dresses herself and usually does her own hair. She has always been my most independent child and some days it’s great and other days I wish she would just let me help her. She is such a happy, confident, girl and is always keeping me on my toes.

Adelle is super helpful lately. She daily asks me what she can do to help me and it’s so nice to know that she is thinking of others.

Tonight while Adelle and Emmett were coloring after dinner they were talking about when they are 18 and who is going to be bigger and who will be older. So funny to overhear their serious and contemplative discussions.

IMG_4667 IMG_4659

Gage is a baller. This little boy is so athletic it’s really unreal. He throws far. He can swing a bat and hit the ball off the tee. He kicks soccer balls, shoots basketballs, throws footballs… He is so funny too because his stance is right on. He first takes position and then you better be ready.

Gage runs everywhere. I can hear his feet running down our hall looking for whoever is in the bedrooms to play with and then running back when he can’t find anyone. He is currently loving reading books (favorite is Brown Bear), singing songs (favorite is Wheels on the Bus), jumping on the trampoline, chasing the chickens, and throwing whatever he has in his hand (most often balls, food, laundry, his sippy cup).

Gage really likes Braxton’s team hat and Braxton is so good to let Gage wear it.

 IMG_4662IMG_4663IMG_4664

Sunday nights at the Bay with my mom and dad are amazing. There is something so serene about the calm of the bay and being surrounded by people who love you and beautiful nature. I love that my kids will have these memories.

 

IMG_4678IMG_4679IMG_4680IMG_4684

These are the good times. Warm, windy, spring nights at the ball fields. Lots of family and friends cheering on kids. Little siblings getting to run the bases after the games over. Umpa treating everyone to Dairy Queen after the game.

(And as a side note Braxton did awesome hitting 3 for 3 and playing pitcher and right field during his first game. (pitching machine)

Grandma’s, Aunties and Great Gramy taking care of my little boys so that I can volunteer in the kids’ classes. Auntie Mel loading up her car with cereal and granola bars from her work and making a special delivery to our house to share. Making my kids’ morning and mine and I was contemplating what to make for breakfast.

Meeting up with friends outside and stretching our picnics as long as we can so we don’t have to go home and face reality and laundry.

Letting the boys jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler, already!

1 comment:

Doneva said...

you amaze me with your time to write and journal your journey as a mother... I LOVE that you love being a mother...and how blessed your children are and your dad and I get to share in that joy..I LOVE who you are and WHAT you do in the world...thanks for being YOU.. and growing the most beautiful children in the world...