Thursday, February 13, 2014

The middle of February

Since February is a short month it's basically half way over. Where does the time go? Well, this month this is where some of our time has gone:





 We started off the month cheering on the Seahawks with good friends and good food. Mike made is famous smoked pulled pork and paired with my mac & cheese and Jennie's fluff it was a hit. We painted all the kids' faces and had fun sporting green and blue attire. Go Hawks.




 A couple days after that I celebrated my 32nd birthday. Super great day! Jeff made one of my favorite meals; clam linguini and ceasar salad and it was so delicious! Even my two favorite treats; chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and homemade pie, were delivered by friends along with lots of nice cards, gifts and calls/texts. I love my birthday :)
Emmett painted my nails and did a darn good job at it. Adelle and he picked out the colors and while Adelle painted her own fingers, Emmett painted mine. 
We doubled with friends to dinner for double birthdays the day before that. Wade is 2 days older than me :)



                                                





 Gagey baby got his 3rd haircut. I went crazy this time as his hair is his new found napkin and constantly has food in it. His new haircut is so fitting to his personality too. He is such a boy. A funny, crazy boy. I love him so much.
I think so far Gage is the kid in our family who is most like his dad. They both think everything is a joke and are constantly instigating trouble. Gage is a total flirt and a stinker! When you want him, he runs the other direction and laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world. He is a show off.  He is a fit thrower and such a feisty little guy! It's fun to watch his personality blossom.


Emmett on the other hand has never gotten in trouble, really. He is very mild, cautious, patient and funny. His Sunday school teachers want to keep him. On Sunday they both told me how much they loved him. 

Emmett and I have been loving the sunny days we've been having. We go to soccer on Tuesdays and so on the off days we have been going to the school playground and practicing. Today I was trying to teach him how to do a cartwheel because I was getting a little bored with soccer. I don't remember a cartwheel being painful to the wrist. Funny.


We played with friends last weekend. It was a beautiful cold, crisp, clear day and my friend suggested meeting at the school to run and play. That lasted about 10 minutes. Too cold!! So the mom's got a run in and the dads and the kids piled in the car and came back to our house. We all at breakfast together and hung out. Perfect Saturday morning.


We were also issued a wall sit challenge from my brother. The rest of the month has been spent trying to beat his impressive record of 5 minutes and some odd seconds. Ha. Luckily I have nothing to prove so I am happy with my 2 minute 40 second time. Someone else in our family however is not so happy and apparently does have something to prove. 


These are my sprouted wheat berries that I am experimenting with making bread with. I have 5 times this much, more than I know what to do with. If all else fails my chickens will have some good sprouted grain to eat but I am hoping the bread works out because the sprouted bread I buy is so good but so expensive. Any tips on this are welcome!! 





1 comment:

Baylee said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!
Gagey baby is so big now!! He looks like a little boy, not a baby!! So crazy!