Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I like to play in the snow, you know

IMG_4327

So Saturday the snows came and they didn’t let up until Monday night. It has been awesome. I always have been one who likes a good old fashioned white Christmas and other than that could do without the snow. Well not this time. This time I let my guard down a bit and just enjoyed it for what it was. Super fun! It came unexpectedly and added some needed change in routine around here.

Saturday was played soccer in the snow. Then when Gage was done with that I came inside with him and Adelle and we made bread instead. Much warmer.

I left my boots, coat, hat, in the back though, underneath the covered patio only to wake up Sunday to everything on the patio completely buried, thanks to the wind that accompanied the snow. We had a few inches and church was cancelled. This led to lots of card games and books. I love a good snow day. I made a new recipe for dinner that I had pinned and it was really warm and yummy. Went well with the homemade bread.

We had my parents for dinner which really worked in my favor since it was during dinner Sunday that we found out school was canceled for Monday. My mom offered to have the kids Monday and we were all up for that.

IMG_4335

Jeff couldn’t work in the snow so he and I spent all Monday together, just the two of us.  It was really relaxing and at the same time really productive. It’s amazing what you can get done without little ones in tow. We did important things like cleaned our bathrooms and whitened our teeth. 

That night we went to pick up our kids and my mom had dinner ready for us. Yay. We brought them home and put them to bed only to learn that there was going to be no school Tuesday either.

IMG_4337IMG_4338IMG_4340IMG_4341IMG_4344IMG_4345IMG_4346IMG_4347IMG_4349IMG_4350IMG_4351IMG_4352IMG_4355IMG_4357IMG_4358IMG_4359

Tuesday we ventured out. After the rooms were cleaned and the vacuuming was done we packed up and headed to Lake Padden to do some serious sledding. We all had a blast. It was such a beautiful day. Warm and clear with a nice thick blanket of snow. I anticipated it being a bit of a pain ( 6 people with multiple layers of clothes, changing, getting wet, being cold, having to potty…) but it wasn’t at all. It was just super fun. The kids were all happy the whole time. Gage was perfectly content sitting and eating snow. Emmett was much braver then I thought. Adelle was her typical dare devil self and Brax and Jeff challenged each other at everything. I was able to sled, attempt the jump on my feet or sit and rest with the babe. It was just a wonderful time.

Tomorrow school is delayed and then things will get back on schedule. No hurry though. We are loving the winter wonderland.

1 comment:

Sarahbelle said...

I can not believe how adventurous you and Jeff are, taking all the kids to Padden! wow, what a fun and exciting thing to do in the snow. I am liking the sun now!