Friday, October 11, 2013

Stoney Ridge Pumpkin Patch


There was no school today. This morning when Jeff was leaving for work he asked what the kids and I were going to do. I said, "I think we should put on our Halloween costumes and go to the pumpkin patch!!" The kids cheered and the decision was made. I am noticing myself becoming more sporadic the more kids I have. It seems like I seldom make a plan anymore. I think it's because I am not super comfortable when plans change so I have learned to just make plans at the very last minute.  That way they are less likely to be changed. 
We "quickly" got ready and loaded up. The pumpkin patch was packed. There were buses of kids with parents and teachers on field trips. I was feeling empowered with my bunch and how good we all stayed together. A woman in front of us paying for apples looked at my bunch and said, "you go girl!"








We lost ourselves in the corn maze. Meandered through the pumpkin patch. Bought us some nice juicy apples and even managed to get a few pictures. But, the kids were the happiest after they played on the playground and I told them they could get some cider doughnuts. The three big kids waited in a ridiculously long line all by themselves while Gage and I sat out and ate Gage's apple. Braxton traded the $3 for the bag of doughnuts and they came out to join us.











                                                    

People all around us were ewing and awing over the little cow. They were like, "oh what a cute little cow. And there's a cowboy!, and a princess! and a ..... vampire?" Only one person, that we overheard at least, recognized Braxton as Harry Potter. Looking at the picture now I can't say that I blame them. His scar is covered with his hair and that dang expression, not to mention the bed head. I probably would have thought he was dressed up as a nerd. Too funny! 

                                                       
And speaking of nerds, ha, I mean Harry Potter. I love this character pose Uncle Andrew is demonstrating. 



Gagey Cow 2013

The question  has been arising... "how many little cows are they going to have?" They are just too darn cute. 

Brax Cow 2006

Sissy Cow 2009 (the only walking cow)

M Cow 2010

I love old pictures ;)

Anyway, we came home. I made lunch. Put the babe down for nap. Read to my other kids. Put Emmett down for nap. During all of this I am basically thinking I am pretty darn good at this whole mom thing. Telling myself how most moms would have lost one of their kids at the farm, stopped at McDonalds on the way home for lunch... 
Finally I go to the bathroom, after holding it for like 3 hours so everything else could get done, only to find my toothbrush sitting there, waiting patiently to be used. What! I totally forgot to brush my teeth. Like, all day. It's like 2:00pm by now! Yuck!
Jeff and I have this thing (we stole it from my parents) when one of us brushes our teeth we get both tooth brushes ready. Our own we use and then the other one sits there until that person brushes their teeth. 
So today I brushed my teeth, in time for dinner, and then, I ate myself some humble pie. I don't know how some mom's do it, good hygiene and motherhood! I intentionally wore a hat in place of a shower but the whole dirty mouth was an accident. Honest!


4 comments:

Nancy and Spencer said...

It's amazing to me that your children all look EXACTLY the same now as they did as little babies. They just stretched, but kept their baby faces. :)

Bham2Sisters said...

People are clueless! I knew right away, he makes the cutest Harry Potter! How he has grown! Loved this post.
mimi

Dusty and Mel said...

So cute and so fun! By the way I knew he was Harry Potter from the first picture!

Sarahbelle said...

I love this! I love that you had them wear their costumes- because really one night is just not enough and this is super fun and fitting. I thought I remembered other little cows too, adorable! I often wonder how you do it all- now I know, it's neglecting a little thing here and there (like brushing teeth!) ha.