Thursday, October 17, 2013

Gagey Turns 1

DSC07369DSC07370DSC07371

My baby boy turned 1 on Saturday!

I can’t believe how fast this past year has gone. Gage is so fun and too cute. He is cracking us all up lately too, but what’s new.

He loves to play hide and seek. Sometimes he covers his eyes, sometimes his ears, sometimes he just puts his hands on his cheeks.

He is talking more, lots of blabbering. He says mom, num num (for food), hi, and then he waves bye bye when he wants to go to bed. That’s one of my favorite things. When he gets tired he starts waving. How cute is that!

His birthday was really fun. The kids were super excited about it all week. They made him cards one night after he was in bed.

We sang to him numerous times and he just ate it all up!

DSC07374DSC07377DSC07378DSC07379DSC07380DSC07383DSC07384DSC07385DSC07386

After breakfast we hung out in the back yard and watched the momma hen and her little chicks. This is one of Gage’s favorite past times. He doesn’t want to touch them yet but he loves to watch them and point at them.

Then I had all the kids come in and I brought in a bin from the garage with some of the old toys that my kids loved. I had had them hidden out there for a while. I let them each pick something to wrap up for Gage for his birthday. The kids were so excited to give him there old favorites. Emmett chose a fisher price little people boat, Braxton chose the little people bus, and Adelle chose a teddy bear. They wrapped them themselves and were so excited for Gage to open them.

DSC07390DSC07391DSC07395DSC07396DSC07397DSC07398

Jeff’s mom got into town on Saturday so we waited for her to get to our house before we had dessert, sang, and opened presents. It was so fun having her there for Gage’s birthday! Braxton’s homemade card for Gage was really sweet. He was pretty proud of it!

DSC07401DSC07403DSC07404

Here is the birthday boy back outside later that day. When you ask him if he is one he sticks up his pointer finger.

photo (16)photo (17)photo (18)

Gage requested cherry crisp for his birthday cake and it was a hit. He wasn’t sure of the candle at first but when he figured out he could just eat around it he was content. Yum, Yum.

That night Gage went to sleep and Jeff and his mom watched a movie with the kids while I went to a friends for a Witches Hollow party.

Let’s just say, I was festive… and freaky!

IMG_3422

I took this picture of myself at the stop sign driving to the party after the guy passing me gave me a good stare down. Wow! How hideous!

3 comments:

Jayme said...

seriously Andrea if I had run into you in your costume I would not have recognized you! Love it!!

Jessica said...

I can't believe that little boy is 1.

Sarahbelle said...

I wouldn't have known that was you all dressed up! Happiest of Birthdays to Gage, what a wonderful boy he is!