Friday, June 28, 2013

Father’s Day

DSC_0196DSC_0222DSC_0202

DSC_0223DSC_0248DSC_0200DSC_0212DSC_0207

Father’s Day was wonderful. I took the weekend off from camera duty so Chelsey took these pictures and just sent me the copies. I love the pictures of the kids at the beach. Like how you can totally tell how much Adelle loves her Uncle Bryce!  And how all the men are smirking in the bocce ball picture. And how handsome Emmett is.

We spent the whole weekend at the Bay. Saturday we made Jeff a yummy breakfast (funny I don’t remember what it was now) and then we got ready and met my sister (who came up for the weekend) and her family and my parents and Bryce and Chels at the Bay. We hiked Pt. Whitehorn and then played on the beach for a good while. Then we hiked back and had a picnic at my parents. Then everyone else had somewhere to be except for us Ashmores so Jeff and I literally took turns napping on the beach while the kids played in the water/sand. It was glorious.

Then Sunday the kids sung in church and it was really sweet and then after church we went back out to my parents where we served up the dad’s brunch: waffles, pancakes, hash-brown sandwich, eggs (however you like em), sausage and bacon, yogurt, fruit…. yeah we had it all.

The rest of the day was spent much like the one before. The men played some bocce ball. We played in the sand. Hung out. The kids gave their dad special pictures they made and Braxton made him a journal. I bought Jeff this book which we are reading together now and enjoying. I also gave him a tie that I found in my brother in law’s closet when I was helping my sister pack. I am all about recycling and reusing. The book I found at Value Village, in brand new condition. Did you know books there are buy 3 get one free. It’s such a steal!

 

 

DSC_0294DSC_0307 (1)DSC_0272

We are so blessed to have so many good men in our lives. I am grateful for my husband and so glad that he is the father of our kids. Jeff is the ideal dad and he comes by it so naturally. He works hard but when he comes home he is helpful, fun, happy and ready to get down and get dirty in whatever we are up to. Both Jeff’s dad and my dad are truly amazing examples of good fathers who provided for their families temporally, spiritually, emotionally, and then some. There dads did the same and we have great Grandfather’s as well. I love these men and appreciate their influence in the lives of my family.

SCAN0182

This is one of my favorite pictures of Jeff’s dad, holding Jeff. Doesn’t Jeff resemble his dad!!?

That night we talked to Jeff’s dad on the phone. One of these summers we will hopefully get to spend Father’s Day with him!!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

What a fun weekend!