Thursday, June 13, 2013

3 days left of school

we are all counting down!!


Spring soccer is over. We ended up having a great season overall and Adelle loved being part of a team. She is not aggressive, to say the least, but she adds personality. She really liked calling me coach too which was just funny.


Braxton did awesome scoring 3 goals this season and showing dramatic improvement from last year. I had him practice with my team a couple times and his knowledge of the game was really apparent. Jeff got to finish out the season playing coach for the last game. I love it when he wears his hat backwards ;)


Gage is happy to be outside, nibbling on the buttercups or grass in the yard. Here he has a little flower soul patch. So cute!!


The kids have been playing in the backyard until bedtime. I love long days.


Auntie Melissa came over with graduation presents for the kids. Lots of blow up toys to play with in the water. These really sparked Gage's curiosity. I love watching his brain work.


On Tuesday my sweet friend, Taylor, left to Brazil to serve a mission for our church.  Taylor was a Beehive when I first got called to be in Young Women's. She was the only one in my class and I remember asking her if she wanted it to just be us, or if she wanted to join the other class. She was like, "I want to join the other class!" So funny. We have come a long ways since then and she likes hanging out with me now. That was 7 years ago! I can't believe how time flies!
I am so excited for this beautiful girl to go and serve the Lord.
When she came over to say goodbye she told Adelle she couldn't grow while she was gone ;)
I wonder what color hair Adelle will be rockin' when Taylor comes home in 18 months.

And more on the hair. She wears it, always. Well, not to church because I have to draw the line somewhere. But the attention she recieves is fueling the fire. Everyone seems to love it which only increases her desire to sport it. The teachers and other parents at Braxton's school have been the most enthusiastic I think. They are constantly telling her how much they love it... I have been wondering what the response would be if I wore it today to walk Braxton to school? They would most likely think I was crazy.
Oh, to be a kid again and get away with anything!!

No comments: