Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas is a time of love

When I was little my sister and I sang a duet in front of the congregation at church. It was called "Christmas is a time of love." I haven't heard the song since, but every year it runs through my head. I remember the chorus. That's it.
But it's true. 
Christmas is a time of love.

 We are lovers of the Christmas tree around here. At night I sit in that chair after my kids are in bed and gaze at the tree. It's so relaxing and beautiful.
I have also been laying Gage in front of the tree. He loves the lights too ( I just know he does).
There is something magical about a Christmas tree.

 I am a lover of this little Santa Claus as he calls himself. He wears his big sissy's dress and rings his bell as he walks around the house. Love this little man. He also says "cheese" and looks away.
Love these girls and women. There is something lovely about knowing teenage girls and getting to interact with them multiple times a week. They are inspiring and wonderful and I was happy to participate in another
Christmas Magic last night.
Also wonderful is having women who help and serve and lighten my load tremendously, sometimes without me having to ask.
Christmas Magic is a tradition that our ward has had for many years. Every year at Christmas time we do something really special. Last night did not dissapoint.
It included: 
The Forgotten Carols on DVD
Mexican food galore
Christmas Candy Bar
Hot Cocoa
Ornaments 
Testimonies 
and good company.

2 comments:

Doneva said...

I totally forgot about you and Lesha singing "Christmas is a time of Love" THANKS for the memories, great post your sweet family is adorable and I LOVE them all so much, your tree is beautiful!! the lights are so bright and the sweet homemade ornaments.

Amanda said...

That looks like a great group of girls!! I love being in YW, they are the best ever!! I also LOOOOVE the Hoyts house. sometimes I might be over there more than my own house it seems like haha.