Monday, June 4, 2012

random journalling

Thursday night marked the 9th year anniversary of Jeff and I's official first date. It seems like another lifetime ago, and like yesterday, all at the same time. I remember details like our exact phone conversation and the exact outfit I wore, down to the shoes. Everything in between now and then is blurry at times but when I stop to remember and it makes me smile... and laugh out loud!

We were laying in bed Thursday night when Emmett started to wake up. This is unusual. We both got up and went in their room to find Emmett was awake, and had woken up Adelle as well. Jeff snuggled in next to Emmett, I tucked in with Adelle, and we laid there, wide awake, in bed with two of our dear ones, silently praying for them to fall back asleep.

Sunday Braxton taught Adelle how to take a shower. He only recently graduated from bath and shower himself, but now he is quite the pro and I had to grab the camera and video the conversation that was had during the "shower lesson." It was too cute.
Lots of:
B: "ok, now you step in the shower, it's not to hot, you can do it!"
A: "this is fun!" giggle giggle
B: "ok, now you have to shower more than you have to take baths, is that ok with you?"
B: "just close your eyes, it's ok, you are doing good."
B: "scrub all your body, feet, neck, bum bum."
A: "my bum bum!!" giggle giggle

Sundays are basically dad duty because of my calling at church. Jeff is super dad on Sundays and bathes the kids and feeds the kids and gets them really for church. I still do Adelle's hair, sometimes even in the car, but it gets done. Doing hair is not Jeff's thing, that's ok with me.
Sometimes on Sundays I feel like I am a business woman. I feel like I have an important job and that other people, besides my family, are relying on me. My calling is very satisfying to me and I am grateful for the extra strength that I am able to gain through serving others. Also grateful for the experiences Jeff is able to have with the kids on that day while I am gone.
Sunday dinners are at my parents which is such a blessing and a relief considering we don't get out of church until 4:00pm. I don't ever even think about dinner and that is such a nice feeling. We come home and change and then head straight over to their house for good food and family time and usually a card game or two while the kids play at their favorite place.

Monday we are back to the routine of life. Waking up early to read scriptures before the kids greet us. Emmett running out, and being cute without trying, hopping on my lap to hear me say, " I love Emmett!" to which he always replies, "I love my dad!" It's funny now, it used to make me cringe a bit. Emmett is a total daddy's boy. It's a good thing. He has a good dad.

Being pregnant with #4 has been mysteriously interesting. I started the pregnancy thinking I knew it all, had done it all, and didn't need anyone's concern, pity, advice, comfort.... Soon my emotions became a little whacked and  had to verbally tell myself that it was ok and I needed to give myself a break. It's been super good. Baby Boy is growing well and kicking lots. It's just been a funny thing this time. I am not focused on my belly, at all. I think about our son, what his name will be, what he will be like, how he will balance our family.... but most of these thoughts happen at night when I am not thinking of our dealing with the other kids. I am happy, and very contented with this pregnancy. It's very natural feeling to me.

Now back to sorting through baby girl clothes. I have some friends who have had girls recently and are due with girls in the near future and I am thrilled to be able to pass down some of my favorites. Looking through these clothes makes me wonder how my little girl is turning 4 this week?





1 comment:

amber york said...

I loved the bum bum dialogue. Too cute! And wow, congrats on the 9 year anniversary of your 1st date. That's so exciting! Oh, and congrats on even remembering when that was! :)