Tuesday, May 11, 2010

simple truths

I love my children's honesty. It is so pure and simple. For Mother's Day Braxton painted me this beautiful picture at preschool. I love it. I hung it on my wall right by my bed so I can look at it every night. I showed him where I hung it and he beamed. He knew I thought it was really special. On the back it says, "I love my mom. She reads to me and helps me get my socks." My first thought was, "really, that's what he loves about me?" Then when I thought about it, it struck me that he does always ask me to get his socks and it's because they are in the top drawer of his dresser. How frustrating it must be for him to not really be able to see in there very well to find them. I've never even thought about it like that. I'm glad I have always helped him without complaining or acting like it was a huge nuisance (as it sometimes is). He is so grateful to me for helping him. That is so sweet!
So Sunday they bring me breakfast in bed. It's Oatmeal with smashed bananas and pecans on a fancy tray. It was delicious! So why oatmeal you ask? Well, Jeff asked Braxton what my favorite breakfast was and he said, "oatmeal with bananas and those nuts." Very true. I will have to remind Braxton that I also love bacon, and Belgium waffles with strawberries and whip cream!
I decided that I should milk my kids now before they know better. They were thrilled to give me this foot bath as I laid in the sun on Saturday. This was heaven to me...
and really fun for them too! The next thing we know Adelle is swimming in the foot bath....
followed by the foot bath being dumped on her head by her brother. Water? Sunshine? Soaked!

I love the simple truths I am constantly taught by my babes.

3 comments:

Jeremy Saunders said...

oh that picture would look really good in a frame! And I absolutely loved what he said about why he loved you. What a sweetie pie.
mimi
PS Did he sing you the song?

Jayme said...

Karlee loves me because I say please nicely :)

Peter and Lesha said...

that is soooo sweet and thanks for the reminder cause Carson's socks are high too and he always asks for help and I need to make sure I am more willing :) that is such a cool picture with the water:)