Tuesday, May 18, 2010

months to years

Emmett is 4 months old! Is it possible that he is growing up quicker than the other two?
Yesterday Emmett and I went on a walk, just the two of us.
It was nice.
The whole time I was thinking, "remember when you just had one baby and you used to go on walks." I would sing and talk and point out trees and birds.
This walk I didn't do any of that. I actually still do all of that all day long, answering questions,
describing feelings, singing songs...
So this walk was a nice quiet walk.
Just my baby, asleep, and me.
For a moment I thought, "Is Emmett being deprived of all of that?"
Then I remembered that not only do Jeff and I get to talk to Emmett but...
Braxton talks to Emmett
Adelle talks to Emmett
Emmett is a lucky kid and I don't think he is deprived of anything.

Except, maybe some personal space once in a while.
Hey M, I know how you feel!

On a side note. I've started calling Emmett "M". I really like it and I think it's fitting. The other day Jeff asked, "why do you call him that?" I said something to the effect of, "cause I like it, why not?" Jeff said a little hesitant,"I don't know if I like it." Me, "what?" Jeff, "isn't that what they call that blonde girl on Legally Blonde?"
Me (laughing) "that's L you dork."
Adelle is growing too. This girl.....no words can describe, that's for sure. She is the instigator of the family. She does things I said my kids would never do. She has her daddy so whipped it's really quite amazing. Stinkin' cute she is!
"Nack" that means "snack" in Adelle's words. The other morning before breakfast she gets in the cupboard and pulls out this gigantic container of jelly bellies. "Nack," she says with that twinkle in her eyes.
Are you kidding?
Does she know who I am?
Yes!
But that is just her...if she wants something she goes for it.
Why not ask?

Does every kid this age love to wash dishes? Or just mine?
I remember Braxton would stand up here for hours playing in the running water.
Now this is what Adelle likes to do.
Mommy's little helper!

5 comments:

Vashti said...

I can't believe how big Emmett looks! I feel like Bianca is growing up twice as fast as Olivia.

Sarahbelle said...

Stinkin' cute is right! M looks like he is getting his own personality, and no he is not deprived of anything! Adelle cracks me up, wish we could play together that would be fun and trouble! Gabby loved to do dishes, although I haven't had her do them in some time... need to start that again! Glad you got a quiet walk, quiet is seldom seem with such smart and fun kids!

Jessica said...

Adorable!! Each of them are so special in their own way!

Peter and Lesha said...

yeah that first picture of M is soo cute love it he is getting big and I have to say Adelle is my favorite ever:) I could just watch her and the poor girl doesn't have a prayer getting a jelly bean out of you in the morning:) she seriously is so funny and Braxton is soooo patient with her. yep Carson would stand at the sink all day too

Rach said...

what?! no way, I was just reading your birth story and getting all emotional! crazy how time flies!

I love little adelle, I have never met her but her spunky personality pops right out of the pictures, I bet LIly and her would be a good team:)