Tuesday, March 9, 2010

simple joys

We had just finished dinner last night and Braxton asked if he could watch a movie. I said yes. After I got dinner cleaned up I could tell that Adelle was not wanting to sit and watch the movie so I asked her if she wanted to read books. Of course she did, but she wanted to read books on the couch "right here!" I didn't want to compete with the movie and I didn't want to tell Braxton he had to turn it off so I asked Adelle if she wanted to come in momma's bed and read books. This was really exciting for her. I grabbed Emmett and Adelle and we hopped up into bed, covers and all. Adelle brought two books with her. A couple minutes later, Braxton came and hopped up with us to read. He had left his movie. Then, a few minutes after that Jeff hopped in as well. He had left his homework. My whole family in "my" bed reading books together. It was special to me. I love moments like that. It reminds me of the simple joys.

4 comments:

MAUIGOOSE said...

THOSE ARE THE BEST MOMENTS EVER! AND ISN'T IT GREAT WHEN BOOKS WIN OVER ALL THE OTHER "STUFF"!

Jeremy Saunders said...

thumbs up on that one!
mimi

Peter and Lesha said...

I don't think Peter would ever leave the computer to come do that as long as I was entertaining the kids, good for Jeff for wanting to be there too.

Unknown said...

I love getting to know your sweet family through this blog. We love you guys!

Aunt Lynda