Thursday, August 6, 2009

i love you

Happy 6 year Anniversary!
My parents had the kids all day last Saturday so that we could celebrate our Anniversary (which is actually tomorrow).
We had such a beautiful day. We took my dad's boat out on the bay to do some crabbing. It was warm on the shore, but windy and cool on the boat. It was a great ride and we got 3 crabs.
I figured that symbolized our 3 kids....not that they are crabby. We brought the boat in and found a spot on the beach to cook up the crab and lay out in the sun. It was so relaxing!
Jeff was really proud of this huge crab we got. It was the biggest crab either of us had ever seen. We cooked it up and ate it. It was delicious.

We finished off the day with dinner on the deck at Anthony's and then walked downtown Bellingham and looked at all the chalk drawings from the Chalk Festival.

Then we were ready to have our reality back. We went and got our kids about 6:30pm and headed home for baths and bed.

I love my husband and our wonderful life. I love having him all to myself for an afternoon. Most of all I love being a family with him.

Oh and this is a true story from the day I had to share. We are sitting on the deck at dinner, overlooking the beautiful harbor and eating our over-priced meal and I say to Jeff, "Where is the best place we've ever eaten?" Without hesitation he claims, "in our kitchen." It was so sweet. I laughed because he is so stinkin' smooth sometimes and he always knows the right thing to say at the right time.

5 comments:

The Meagher Family said...

Did I miss something? You have 3 kids? Are you expecting another?

Kirsta 'n co. said...

SERIOUSLY a smooth-talker! No wonder it's your 6-year anniversary and you've know each other a whopping 6 years and 3 months :) Congrats, love-birds!

Peter and Lesha said...

Jeff what a suck up:) hahaha that is funny though I am sure it's true. happy anniversary. one I asked Peter was his favorite thing was for me to cook and he said, sandwiches, I swear I make lots of good food that taste better than sandwiches but apparently not:)

Jessica said...

Congratulations on #6!! You guys are so cute!

Ratchfords said...

Happy anniversary!