Saturday, October 18, 2008

Why I love October....


I don't know how to put these in order....this is us today at the Pumpkin Patch.....now we will go back in time.. My handsome little cowboy....not be confused with my manly hunka hunka cowboy down below.
This is us when Braxton was one week old.....Notice the Orange color scheme:)
This is us when Braxton was almost one at the Pumpkin Patch
This was the very first Cowboy I ever loved....he didn't think he'd ever have any competition
This is us last Halloween, Braxton almost 2 and mom 10 weeks pregnant with Adelle
This is Braxton and Adelle today at the Pumpkin Patch. The second cowboy I ever loved....



I honestly used to think October was the worst month of the whole year. Why? Let's see.. it's usually cold and rainy. It's the first month of the year when I am forced to wear shoes and not flip flops which is pure torture for me. I was never a big fan of dressing up for Halloween. The days are really short and dark. Growing up my car would be really cold in the morning getting into it....that's all I can remember about why I didn't like it.


Now I love October and think it is a beautiful and extra special month. Why? Braxton was born in October which makes it one of my favorites. Every October I think back to when Braxton was born and how he has changed every year. Now I have another little pumpkin (Adelle) to dress up and fall means I can dress her in cute little leggings and sweaters. Let's see, I get to park in the garage now so I don't have to get into a cold car anymore, plus so far this October every Sunday after church all 4 of us crawl into bed for Family Nap which is amazing and definetly wouldn't happen in the summer. So I really love October. Plus, Halloween is so much fun when you have really cute kids to dress up.


Here's some October pictures I found of us through the years. Funny that I am wearing the same orange sweater in almost all the pictures.
Side note * I love that orange sweater it's Abercrombie and I bought it at Plato's Closet consignment store for $4.00 5 years ago. It's still a favorite, obviously since I wore it again today. I love a good bargain. I think I'm going to see how many years I can wear it for Halloween pictures...

10 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Your kids have the cutest halloween costumes! I always liked October for the fall colors and candy, but January was AWFUL. Now, since Patrick was born in January, it's like a big "Remember When..." month! Kinda like your October :) Your family looks amazing, and GREAT sweater :-D

The Bowldens said...

these pictures are so cute! i love braxtons costumes!

Kelsey said...

Very cute! I agree I like October a lot more now that Macey is around to enjoy it with.

kaitlyn said...

I am glad you beat me to the sweater comment, because i was maybe going to feel bad for mentioning it. ahh... so superficial i guess i must be.

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE the Halloween costumes. especially Braxton this year as a cowboy.... he makes a great one. And Adelle is an adorable little pumpkin!

(i can't believe you got that sweater for $4, holy cow! i hear they are opening one of those closer to bellingham or something)

Marcy M Miller said...

Cute pics, I'm so excited for Halloween too, I can't wait to dress my girls up. I love the picture at the top of Braxton and Adelle- they are so cute.

April said...

Yes, Ocober is so much better when you have kids! It was fun talking to you the other day, we definetly need to get together more!
April

Tay Abbie Mia said...

Braxton and Adelle are so cute! Its so fun for them to dress up. I use to buy costumes at the end of the season when they were on clearance in bigger sizes so the kids could always play dress up. 13 and 10 now they don't dress up like they use to.
Lori

Tina said...

I love to see pictures of Braxton and Adelle. They make me smile!

Tina said...

I enjoyed visiting with you last night also. You are one of my favorite people! Love Ya.

Peter and Lesha said...

that is so cute, yeah I notice that you always wear the same shirt. Very cute opening picture too. I love October as well especially since Carson is here to take cute pictures of.