Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I take it all back


Wow! talk about having a change of heart. This has been the greatest October ever and I was telling Jeff the other day how much I have really loved this fall! (he said it was because we had a not so good summer but either way.) So much for all the nasty things I said before. This year fall has been absolutely beautiful. The kids and I went and picked apples one crisp morning with my mom and my grandma. Braxton loved it and it was fun to get all bundled up and be outside. We have still been getting to go on our walks which makes me really happy. We got to go make homemade apple cider at some friends house and it was so yummy and fresh and delicious. The sunsets have been breathtaking and the evenings have been cool but clear and pretty. Braxton had his birthday and party which I still have to blog about but it was perfect and he was so excited. We've gotten to go up to Canada every weekend and watch my brother play basketball for Qwest University. Braxton has gotten to carve pumpkins on two different occassions. First with Jeff and I and then with Ampa and Bama. The trees and leaves are beautiful. Our house is warm since we installed new windows this spring so the heat actually stays in the house! Last but not least my friend taught me how to make a pumpkin pie using fresh pumpkin and it was amazing! Happy Fall! I've completely changed my mind about this beautiful season!

2 comments:

The Bowldens said...

ita! i think this fall has been awesome! i tell people that its been sunny and they are always shocked that its not raining. lol. be back the 14th so the kiddos can play! =)

April said...

I completely agree with you. Just the other day I was telling Robby this was the most beautiful Autumn that we've ever had. I'm sure that's probably not the case. It's probably that I am appreciating the beauty because of having small children and a new baby.
Whatever the reason it sure has been gorgeous!
April