Thursday, November 3, 2016

Eggnog

It's funny how certain foods trigger certain memories in our minds. Eggnog is a huge one for me as every season when the stores start to carry it, I go back to when I was pregnant with Braxton. It's a huge food association for me. Eggnog = Baby Boy. Nowadays Eggnog = Big Boy.

I remember being in the end of my pregnancy and indulging on eggnog milkshakes. It was the joke between Jeff and I that on the way to the hospital when I was in labor, he better stop and get me a milkshake. To help me endure what I was in for. Ha. That never actually happened but I will always remember that inside joke.

Also shortly after Braxton was born we took him in to the doctor for an early checkup and "male procedure" and afterwards I remember being so distraught.  We went out to the car and I remember sitting in the backseat, nursing Braxton and telling Jeff how bad I wanted an eggnog milkshake. No sooner had I said that, then Jeff starts driving us out of the parking lot, baby still nursing on my lap! It was so funny and makes me happy in so many ways. The urgency of Jeff to please his wife. The naiveness of us as new parents. My own unhealthy coping mechanism to my life stressors. Oh, the good old days!!




The night before Braxton turned 11 this year, Jeff made homemade heaven on earth, homemade Eggnog. With our own raw eggs and our friends raw milk it was the best ever! Such a fun way to toast in Braxton's birthday eve. And so delicious.


It's seriously the best, watching your kids grow up. Braxton is such a great young man. He really works hard at what he does and tries his best to choose the right. He worked so hard on earning his Arrow of Light Award and I am proud of him for taking the initiative and getting it done. He did it!


At the pack meeting ceremony he led the audience in the flag ceremony and did an excellent job. This boy takes things like this so seriously. 

Braxton received so many nice gifts for his birthday and the new sheets and blankets were enjoyed by all who slept in them. 
It's wonderful how, in the mornings, you can find this boy in bed with all of his siblings, bedhead and all. Some things never change.




Cherry crisp for birthday boy's breakfast. This boy is like me in the sense that we can skip the cake anyday and live on crisp, extra crumble topping please. 

No comments: