Thursday, February 21, 2013

Here one minute, Gone the next

This last weekend we were able to disappear to Oregon to visit some of our besties. 


The trip started with us hauling this Beast of a boat down to OSU. That was an adventure in itself. Jeff was hired by a friend to deliver the boat. When he heard the destination of the boat he asked if I could join him. The boat was going to Corvallis, OR, the exact city that my friend lives in. Coincidence... I think not!
So, if I go, Gage goes.  And if Gage goes... well lets just say we filled our extended cab with all our little chicks and hit the road Friday morning, boat in tow.

  
The weekend was the perfect change of scenery that we all needed. It was a beautiful weekend. We got to meet Shelby's fiance' that we have all heard wonders about, all of which were true! His name is also Jeffery, spelled the same way as my Jeffery. Coincidence again? Maybe. 


They live at the end of a cultesac which allowed the kids plenty of time to be outside riding their bikes. Shelby's Jeff built a jump for Braxton to ride over on his bike and we all had fun doing our own versions of the jump. 


Emmett was a happy camper strolling along on his motorcycle and attempted the jump multiple times as well.   


Of course the Jeff's (as Adelle referred to them the whole weekend) had to try out the jump too!


Boys will be boys.   


Adelle was officially invited to be a flower girl in Shelby and Jeff's wedding which she is of course super excited about. We spent one day at the dress shop where both Adelle and I got to dress up fancy.


I just love this picture... Mr. Emmett looking all serious.


Besides family I don't think I would bring my whole clan to anyone's house for a whole long weekend. But, it was totally perfect and we were so welcomed and felt so at home. 
Shelby and I would grocery shop and cook together. She taught me how to make corn pancakes and I taught her how to poach eggs and make roasted sweet potatoes. Jeff bar-b-q'd up some amazing steaks that we feasted on one night with some deer meat that he had caught. Yummy!


Shelby's Jeff is a handy-man as well. He has a ton of scrap wood so he built the boys whatever they asked for. Braxton requested a treasure chest. Here Emmett is helping screw on the hinges.   


Jeff hit it off with their dog, Gunner.


Gage and Shelby's Jeff hit it off too. 


Auntie Shelby and baby Gager.


Then on day 2 Shelby's Jeff introduced my kids to their Wii. Good thing it wasn't any sooner, that's all they wanted to do from there on out ;) Not really. It was fun bowling and playing baseball. Not going to brag but I destroyed Jeff (my Jeff :) at tennis. It was a total fluke I guess because Shelby's Jeff then destroyed me.

It was a wonderful long weekend. Shelby is my friend from middle school/high school. We don't see each other much anymore since she lives in Oregon and I live here. Life is funny sometimes. Here I am, married almost 10 years, there she is engaged to be married, and we are still just as close as we ever have been. I love this lady! I love how close we still are and how close our families are.  The whole drive home Jeff and I talked about starting a yearly tradition of visiting Jeff and Shelby or meeting somewhere in the middle for camping trips. 

Some people were just meant to be friends, that's us!


3 comments:

Kelsey said...

What a fun weekend. Love that you guys are still so close, and I agree some people are just meant to be friends!

Black Family said...

So cool!

Sarahbelle said...

I love this! It is so great that friendships can span so many miles and life events, they are all the sweeter because of those things.