Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Party Girl

Is it wrong that I enjoy Adelle's birthdays way more than the boys'?
It's so wonderful to have a spring baby and the sun usually always shines for Adelle's birthday.

We had a fun time celebrating Adelle this weekend. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the house was basically off limits except to use the bathroom.
Adelle got a trampoline!! Luckiest 3 year old ever, I would say!!
Actually my mom called me one morning about a month ago and said she found a great deal on trampolines at Fred Meyer. She asked if Jeff or I would oppose to them getting this for Adelle for her birthday. Um, no!
Thank you everyone who pitched in on this gift! Yesterday my kids were on this for as long as I would let them be. Dream gift!
So here it is in action!
Me and the babes were able to get off safely before the "no shirts allowed" rule was silently implemented by one, maybe two, who will remain nameless.
Adelle's party wouldn't be complete if everyone was fully dressed.
As a side note my bladder on this thing is not as reliable as it used to be, pre-children. Bummer!
If I could read Braxton's mind in this picture I would say he is asking why it takes 4 grown men to assemble the safety net and why it's taking so long?
Sweet little birthday Miss blowing out her 3 candles.
Jumping for Joy in anticipation!
Adelle found a picture of a carousel cake and the rest is history. She was determined to have that cake but she didn't want the tent or the poles. She's a little particular. Her and Braxton also wanted to help so I made the chocolate bundt cake and the frosting (blue of course since it's Adelle's favorite color) and they did the rest. They were thrilled to be in charge and it turned out just the way she wanted it!
Here are the Party hardies!
take 2
Happy Miss Adelle livin' up the day.
lipstick, her favorite polka dot dress, chips, Dora and princess panties, gum, and chocolate cake.
Does she sound like a woman or what?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok. I laughed about the bladder, thing sorry, it was cute how you said it.

I think Braxton was thinking, "Won't that safety net make it hard to do back flips off the trampoline?" or maybe that will be Emmett in a year or so. :)

Such cute pictures. Adelle is a mini-woman.

Good call on getting off the trampoline before the no shirt policy. While funny, it could make for awkward family pictures. :D

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday, Adelle!

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Rach said...

So fun. I love her, and we have still yet to meet in real life:) Looks like the perfect birthday party!

You have been on my mind a lot lately, I remember you talking a while ago about home schooling, have you made a decision? Chad and I have been having some serious discussions about the matter, and it may be in our future for our girls. I would LOVE your thoughts. I would email you this...but dont have your email, leave a comment back or email me, rachel.meynders@gmail.com

Happy birthday!

ps- my bladder is also so weak on the trampoline, i have to laugh every time I go on one, I feel like an old lady:)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Adelle! What a fun party. Unfortunately, I'm with ya on the bladder thing.

Andrea said...

Happy birthday, Adelle! What a sweetie.

Jessica said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Adelle!! You are going to go places in this world...I can't wait to see where!

Rachel Ashmore said...

What a perfect day! And Adelle looks like a perfect doll in that birthday dress.

Marcy M Miller said...

Happy Birthday Adelle! What a lucky girl to get a tramp!!!! Hopefully you don't get bad wind! We miss our tramp. Have lots of fun on it.

MAUIGOOSE said...

what a fun day! love the b-day treat! when kaden turned 3 he said he wanted a blue donut so we got a lemon bundt cake and painted it blue...i still laugh when i picture it - but it was a hit and thats what counts! hope her day was perfect for her!