Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Drawing 101

Braxton and I have been really enjoying our time together while Adelle naps. We have been working on shapes and drawing people. His favorite thing to draw up until today was a snowman. I'm not sure why but I think because we have been focusing on circles and a snowman is 3 circles on top of each other. He's really into consistency like that.
Today we drew self portraits. My child continues to amaze me as I watch him learn. He's so stinkin' smart and so hilarious.
The conversation
Me: Ok so first we are going to draw a circle for a head, like this...
Braxton: ok (then he draws his circle)
Me: Awesome, now we need to draw arms and legs
Braxton: (draws a straight line down the middle) first I have to draw my penis.

The rest of the conversation was about the eyes, nose... but seriously...Where did this all come from? I have never suggested drawing this body part, nor do I ever have to bring it up. It just automatically presents itself during many of our conversations.
Anyway, I think the picture is pretty impressive. It's the first picture that really illustrates that he knows where everything goes. It amazes me really, I didn't have to point to where things went. I just said, "eyes" and he put two on the head. Brilliance!? Maybe not but still awesome I thought.

9 comments:

Vashti said...

What a hilarious story, I guess kids do say the darndest things!!

Peter and Lesha said...

that was freakin hilarious love it. well he sure knows what it is hu?

The Bowldens said...

how cute! isnt it strange that they are drawling? when kylee drew that walking potato i was amazed... not because of what it was, but how well she drew it! cant wait to see you guys in june! =) we will have to have some serious frisby games! lol.
p.s.- i was like "who's jeffrey?" glad you cleared that up for me. lol =) give hugs and kisses to those cute kiddos!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I'm going to have to report this post since it's a picture of a penis...

What a funny little man! Too cute, I hope you keep the drawing with a little note on it for future reference!

Jessica said...

haha...so classic little boy!! He sounds so cute Andrea and you seem like a great mom:)

Anonymous said...

I am so in for JoY school!! I started to do a mini preschool with Audrey & Brycen today! I was thinking this would be even better with more kids, I'm seriously so excited you asked.

Sarahbelle said...

Anatomy is a very important subject, Gabby already is on the hunt to know about it all! I get a mini lesson every time she sees me in the bath! Brax does have some great drawing skills. I agree, for history you should include a notation of how he explains the picture!

Johnny and Eirian said...

You've got a future medical artist for textbooks and posters and such on your hands- seriously a good thing, they make big bucks!

April said...

That is pretty funny, we call it a "pee-pee" at our house because Paden's at that age where he'll say really embarrassing things super loud!
April