Thursday, July 17, 2008

5 weeks






So I realize that our blog is suffering but the last five weeks have been a real whirlwind!
First of all I can't believe Adelle is almost 6 weeks old. It's going so fast and she is growing like a little weed. She is still the most perfect baby and I don't just say that because she's mine. Even my mom says she's never seen a baby so laid back and easy going and just to rub things in she slept 8 hours last night! Wow!
So here I go to sum up the past 5 weeks in the Ashmore home. Braxton got his first fever when Adelle was 2 weeks old. It was awful and lasted a week and I seriously thought I was going to go crazy. I'm such a worry wort sometimes. As it turned out it was his left ear and after the week of fever and not feeling well he was better. Oddly enough his ear never even hurt him which was good but he was pretty miserable.
During all of this Jeff's grandpa Johnson got really sick and had to be put in intensive care at the hospital. He too is doing remarkably better now but it was pretty scary for a while and he was in a lot of pain. The up side of that was that Jeff's whole family ended up coming up to visit from Arizona and so they got to meet Adelle and we spent lots of time with family. One night we went minature golfing and Jeff got to golf with Addy in the front pack. What a champ! The weather also started to finally feel like summer so we are spending many days and nights at my parents pool. My parents think we go there to swim but we really go there so they can hold our babies and we can have a little break! So lets see....Jeff and I got to play some tennis the other night by ourselves while his family stayed with the kids which was really fun and I kicked Jeff's booty! Then the next dayJeff's tonsil was swollen almost to the point where he couldn't swallow and he was really hurtin'. He was sick for 4 days and it was miserable and I can't believe he and Braxton have both gotten so sick this summer.
I think that basically sums it up. There has definetly not been a dull moment since Adelle joined our family but she fits in perfectly and we already feel like she has been with us forever. Although my little female partner can't quite help me take care of her brother or dad yet her spirit is so sweet and after a hard long day I just hold her and rock her and she makes everything better.

6 comments:

April said...

Hey Andrea, it was fun running into you at the mall today and getting to hold your sweet little girl, she's so perfect! Congratulations!!
I wanted to let you know about something fun going on this Saturday that Braxton would totally love, it's Raspberry Day at Boxx Berry Farms (11-3)! Free sundaes, kiddie train rides, wagon rides, and balloons! Hopefully I'll see you there and let Lesha know too!
April

Kelsey said...

I'm glad you posted more pictures, your kids are just so cute! I'm coming up in September for a few days, we should do a big play date with April, Lesha, and Susan!

Peter and Lesha said...

well it's about time, what have you been up to anyway? hahaha just kidding. I love the stroller pic with brax and baby girl. thanks for coming to the circus with us, as always it's so much more fun watching brax enjoy himself than the activity ever is.

The Tulett Family said...

I can't believe that much time has gone by already! She is so adorable. We need to get together soon- I need to see that baby! Hope everything is going well, miss you!

Ratchfords said...

Hi Andrea!
Cute new pictures! I sure miss you and all the Beehives! I was in the mothers lounge and heard all the new changes in the presidency - sounds exciting! We'll have to try to get together before sumer ends!
Erin

Marcy M Miller said...

Wow, your baby is growing so much! That is the cutest little swimsuit, I had no idea they made swimsuits for little babies. Sounds like you guys have been busy!