Thursday, August 21, 2014

Friday Harbor

 Back in July Jeff and I got to go away to Friday Harbor for the night. This was our 3rd year going to Friday Harbor and our 2nd time going alone without the little sweet peas. It was only 2 days and 1 night but it was so nice and rejuvenating.




I texted our kids these pictures telling them that mommy and daddy were having fun and doing lots of kissing. I can still imagine their sweet faces when they got the text. Braxton probably walked away with a smirk, a little embarrassed. Adelle probably looked at the picture until the screen went dark and smiled. Emmett probably laughed hard, for a while. Cute kids.

Jeff and I had a great time. We napped briefly on the ferry ride over. When we got there Jeff worked for the remainder of the day while I did my homework under a tree because the sun was too hot (can you even imagine).

Then we checked in to the bed and breakfast and Jeff got a nice shower while I kept studying. We strolled the island. Went to a nice fishy dinner. Enjoyed being more than just parents.















 The next day we were on vacation! We slept in and went down to an amazing breakfast. We explored the island some more. Drove around to the other side and tried out paddle boarding. We swam and sun bathed and ate more fresh fishy food.
We drove past Jeff's Great Grandparents old homestead and just enjoyed the day together. It was so beautiful and such a nice breather for both of us.

My mom and dad had a great time with our kids. It's always such a relief knowing that they are in good hands and not sad that we are gone :)



This is one of the pictures my mom texted to me. Some worn out beach bums here.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

You guys are just too cute! I've been bugging Paul to go paddle boarding on Utah Lake, but to go in the San Juan Islands would be amazing! You're so lucky to have so many beaches and beautiful places so close!