Sunday, August 18, 2013

this one time



See the bald eagle sitting on the rock
See the bald eagle sitting on the branch


Back in July Jeff and I had the most wonderful, relaxing afternoon.... dare I say...ever! At least since we have had four kids ;) 
We drove out to my parent's house on the beach and dropped our kids there. Then we boarded the 2 person kayak with a water bottle, some Kettle brand potato chips (you know those are my weakness), and our book we are still reading.
Together we paddled our way out and around Pt. Whitehorn until we found a nice little beach to lay and rest. It was a really beautiful day and the water was super shallow around the point and clear. We saw lots of starfish and two bald eagles that were squaking all each other.
We didn't have a cell phone or a watch which made it that much more relaxing. I think I may have even fallen asleep while I was sunbathing on the beach.
Jeff read out oud and we crunched our potato chips.
When I said we should head back, we headed back. Maybe it's a woman thing, or a mom thing, but I am always the one who has to be the party crasher. We may still be there if I didn't remind Jeff that our reality was back at shore. ;)
It felt like a mini vacation though, really.

2 comments:

Jp said...

I'm just catching up on your blog!! This sounds lovely to me…you two are so cute :). Remember to do things like this more often!!!

Jp said...

Sorry that was Mindi not Jon that left the comment :)