Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall, Firsts, Feet & Friends...

FALL
We are finally feeling better but with that I have no desire to leave my house and enter the world of sickness. I feel like everyone has been sick and I'm not in the mood to do that again any time soon. We have been making the most of hanging out at home and doing some fun "fall" stuff.
Friday we made "pumpkin" pizzas. We love making homemade pizza as a family and to be festive we decided that we should make individual pumpkin pizzas. Braxton got his pumpkin cookie cutter and had fun making the dough and shaping it.
Adelle got to participate for the first time in topping her very own pizza. This was very fun for her and fun for us all to help/watch/laugh. The hard part was getting her pumpkin to stay on the stone long enough to top, as you can see there is a bite out of it already. This girl loves bread and was happy just eating her pizza pumpkin plain.
FIRSTS
Adelle is also at the table now! She is such a big girl. Now we just need a bigger table!
This picture perfectly depicts my life. I was taking the picture (primarily of Adelle) and I started to say to Braxton, "Sissy is watching you so please be a good example," when I noticed sissy was NOT watching him. She was watching her dad who was doing the same thing! Must be fun to be the dad!

FEET
So Jeff is the best. I love him so much. I was invited to get pedicures with friends this weekend. It is something I could really use and that I could possibly be really excited about. Except....I have this yucky issue with my one toenail and it's sick and wrong and embarrasing and won't go away because I am permanently pregnant/breastfeeding and haven't been able to really treat it. I'm not complaining about any of those factors...just the gross toe that prohibits me from wanting to get a pedicure. So, Jeff being aware of this situation decides Friday night that he is going to give me a pedicure. He is so kind and made me feel so much better. After the kids went to bed he soaked my feet, scrubbed them, massaged them and exfoliated them. He is the greatest and always makes me feel so special.

FRIENDS
Bummer that I didn't have my camera but my friend Shelby came to town this weekend so Saturday I got to spend some time with the girls. It was Erin and Tessa's birthday so we all went and got pedicures and I (having already had my very own, romantic, pedicure) got a manicure. It was so fun to spend the day with the girls! After we were primped we went to lunch and had more fun visiting. I am so rejuvenated and so blessed. I'll sacrifice the gross toe any day to have the most fabulous husband,kids, family, and friends that I have!

HAPPY FALL!

4 comments:

Jayme said...

I will send Lesha a thing about perixide, have her forward it to you. Hope it helps with the feet.

Sarahbelle said...

Oh Anj, you are such a wonderful woman, and have a great family too! I love that you will write about your bad toenail, and it ends up being a sweet story! Elliot is now sitting in the high chair too.... he has had rice cereal 3 times now but he does enjoy an ice cube while we eat (it allows me to actually sit and eat too). I agree with it being hard to go out with all the sickness that is out there, I get us out but worry about it too. Happy Fall!

Kjerstine said...

Hi Andrea!!! or Ang! :) So good to see you this wknd!! I hope you have a great week!!
-Kj

Marcy M Miller said...

You are so lucky to have an amazing husband to do that, I can't get Zak to even rub my feet. It is scary to go out when everyone is sick!!! 25% of our elementry school was out sick this past week.