Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Night Shift!

Most of you know that Jeff has been working night shift for the past couple weeks. It's lame and we were sick of it before it started but we're managing. I have a whole new appreciation for those of you whose husbands work out of town! On the same note, the hardest part has been being quiet (and keeping Braxton quiet) during the day so Jeff can sleep. We try to be out of the house but there are only so many places to go and people to see. Thankfully Jeff is a really heavy sleeper and so far he's been able to sleep through most of our noise.
Braxton is a little confused by the whole thing. One morning he woke up asking for Dad and then crying when I told him that dad was still at work. The very next day Jeff came home and got in bed only to have Braxton push him away saying, "No dad, my pillow."
Needless to say it could be a lot worse. We have been really blessed by Jeff getting this job and the work has been pretty stable (for construction in Washington) so no complaints.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I can appreciate having to adjust. What a great guy, though. Jeff is obviously very dedicated to your beautiful little family and ensuring that you guys are taken care of! And you, my dear, are my hero. Pregnant, raising a two year old and all with a smile on your face. Way to go! We can't wait to meet your beautiful little girl. :)

Spencer Jones said...

Hey guys!
I have been wanting to call and say hello. It's good to see pictures of your family. It looks like all is going well.
You'll have to check out our blog, too!
spencandnanc.blogspot.com

April said...

Hey there Andrea! I was excited to find out that you have a blog page!
I just started one too: robandaprilloveland.blogspot.com
I know EXACTLY how you feel with Jeff's schedule, but it will all be worth it! That's what I keep telling myself!
April